jade empire ruins xbox!

Actually, the CPU on the X-Box isn't really that fast compared to modern PC's now. Its only a 722Mhz I think... Though some are custom parts so it probably does run faster even with this CPU than a few PC's out there.
Its just meant for games though, so the CPU doesn't really need to be pushed that far. A better graphics card is more worth it in the long run with consoles...though in new ones, the CPU is obviously more important, hence A.I, better managing, speeds, etc

No i thought they were talking about the original X-Box because it was going on about the hard drive, and then the CPU. I know the 360's more powerful :p

i just looked at the processor and i dont think it would fit into any normal socket, i think its even integrated into the mobo. how fast is an xbox processor anyways? and we ARE talking about an original xbox

XBOX = cheap mans computer

PS2 = Gaming console

see there is no comparison. and btw wiktorek "is goin to try to kill the new xbox, lol". dont laugh they6 have 1 year to make their product better than XBOX 360 so they will pwn the XBOX 360 no problem

ye, i thought about it and they probably will kill xbox, just look what they have done with the PSP, nintendo should just quit

money_man said:
XBOX = cheap mans computer

PS2 = Gaming console

see there is no comparison. and btw wiktorek "is goin to try to kill the new xbox, lol". dont laugh they6 have 1 year to make their product better than XBOX 360 so they will pwn the XBOX 360 no problem

Haha, yeah...the Xbox is a cheap computer that can pwn the PS2's ass. The PS2 isn't even console. Even my Pentium 2 system (which runs at 400mhz) can probably beat it.

Kage said:
Actually, the CPU on the X-Box isn't really that fast compared to modern PC's now. Its only a 722Mhz I think... Though some are custom parts so it probably does run faster even with this CPU than a few PC's out there.
Its just meant for games though, so the CPU doesn't really need to be pushed that far. A better graphics card is more worth it in the long run with consoles...though in new ones, the CPU is obviously more important, hence A.I, better managing, speeds, etc

Yeah, the Xboxes' CPU is a custom-designed Intel processor that runs at 733mhz (which was the most powerful of all consoles at it's release).

Ah, 733, not 722 :p Thanks Alvino hehe

As for that speed though, I heard it ran at a different rate though it had 733mhz at its clock speed, because of the archetecture was something of a power PC or something. I might be getting confused with Nintendo's but I think that is why it seemed to go faster than that.

Anyway, I don't think the X-Box had the slowest processor of all of them. The PS-2 only runs at about 500 or something with the emotion engine (dont know of exact number). Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom