Can't download a file more than 4 gigs

pals08609

Solid State Member
Hi Every Body
I have downloaded a file which is about 4.15 gigabytes long, and every time the file download gets to 4 gigs it says that the disk is full, I have been to several new sources with the same message every time it just gets past 4 gigs. I have plenty of room on the hard drive, I've cleaned and defragged the H?D many times.
The people which I download from have the full 4.15 gigs, so why can't I get it? need to to resolve this Pals

Ok you don't say what the file is(what kind) so it is hard to determine a cause. but here goes
1) your disk maybe close to being full and by downloading this size of file you exceed the hdd disc overload protection which automatically stops you from downloading past that point.
2) you are downloading an avi file. This type of file is
like a compressed file and could actually be twice as big as it says it is.
3) you are using a temp folder to download to and it has a preset limit to size of storage(a download manager sometimes sets up the temp file)
Hope some of these help you figure it out

Thanks for your early reply
The file is a .mdf I think that is like a iso or bin file it is 4.15 gigs in size the folder is not a temp folder some thing in windows is restricting me from downloading the full file and I have plenty of space too I get to 96.4% and comes back with the message disk is full!
Pals

Hmm mdf is like iso and or bin, your right. I recognise the format from Alcohol 120%

As for it saying its full, it could be a corrupted file you are trying to download I'm afraid.

It might be worth noting that a recordable DVD can only hold about 4.5GB of storage and the MDF file might have a limit of what it can store (1 DVD size) though .15 might be .5 in real terms :p Sorry if it is hehe.

The only option in that case is that it is corrupted in some way :(
I know its pretty horrid, but is there another you can download of it?

Though you say other people have got it from the same source?

Has your internet connection by any chance got a download limit of what you can download at one time? I know some are weird like that. Like a sort of capped version which would be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom