Video Stutter while gaming help?

orkdaorc

Baseband Member
While playing games it will do this stutter which will freeze the game for about 5 seconds and the sound loops during that 5 seconds.... I thought at first it was my power supply so i upgraded from a crappy 350 to the neopower 480. I have the current drivers for the video card and motherboard and the latest motherboard drivers. It still is stuttering?!?! help me with a fix please!

Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo
Nvidia 6800 (bfg)
1 gig pc3200 DDR (kingston)
Turtle Beach 5.1 Sound Card

Is it stuttering in all games? It won't be your power supply now... 480 is more than enough.

I had a similar problem when playing Half Life 2 after I'd cleaned my computer up and put the molex connectors in different place.

At first I forgot I had changed where my connectors once, but then it occured to me that they might be the problem (not getting enough power from the graphics card to the HD), so I changed them and the game ran fine.

It was stuttering, and would freeze, and the sound would loop like you say...I don't think you needed to change the power supply... see if you can change your molex connectors around and make sure nothing is leeching off the graphics card's molex so that only the card is hogging all the power from the PSU and it's not branching off from the graphics card to power something else like a fan or secondary HD etc.

i'd update to the latest drivers to that sound card.

They might perform better with games used to use direct x 9 sound instructions which new games now use.

Your sound card might be having a problem running them properly. My Creative Soundcards a bit like that in some games, though its much less frequant.

ok

ive tried all of the above posts (thanks for the suggestions) and nothing has worked yet i even gave my video card a dedicated molex connecter from my power supply. Any more suggestions?

how frequent are these freezes?
i used to have a problem where my games would just slow down and stutter throughout the game play and i found out my cpu was reachin 90 degres C, lol

that used to happen to me when i played spellforce, but I found out it was due to my Vram overheating, some Zalman Vga ramsinks fixed that. i dont know if your card might be overheating...

Yeah it could easily be overheating in that case. Does it happen with every game?

Any temp monitoring programs?
Or restart after playing a game and go into BIOS. What does the CPU reading say? If it has one, some don't.

Can anyone suggest any that will work? I know that most motherboards nowadays do have software or temperature monitors anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom