display properties

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
a mate has called to say that in hie display properties appearernce.
in the windows and buttons tab he only has windows classic style and im not rure why. he has xp pro but he also informs me it was there bacause his start bar was all ok now it looks like win 9x.
can anyone help with this annoying problem.

Hmm... tell him to go to Start, Control Panel, Task bar and start menu, and then to go to Start menu tab and select Start menu, above Classic Start menu. That wil at least get that looking like XP.

As for it going from apperance, just make him check that under Themes in display properties, he doesn't have it set to windows classic :)

Tried all that kage im afraid and everything is set to where it should be.
but how can it just dissapear and turn his start bar grey just like win 9x
its strange
also in the diplay themes he does not have windows xp theme.
this just doesnt make sense because i loaded windows for him and it was all running ok. he know infoms me he put AOL on and it missed some files out so he put the windows disk in and reloaded xp over the top not a clean install i think it may be worth starting again but its stiil strange why it looks like win 98

Well to cure this he needs to go Control Panel -> Display properties-> Appearance then under windows style and appearence he needs to click what he wants to have it one.

i understand what your saying but in the drop down it only gives the windows classic style it does not give the option for widows xp style. very strange

Any chance when modifying something the Themes could have been deleted somehow?
I tried to find an option in Add/Remove Programs, though couldn't...

Maybe hes had a theme modifier installed that hes deleted causing them to delete too?

Anyone have any ideas how this can be installed again? Must be a way from the Windows disk.

perhaps the themes have been deleted ask him to check in the folder

c:\windows\resources\themes

the blue theme is called Lunar
is has a file called Lunar.theme and a folder called Lunar that contains things like the metalic and Olive Lunar themes

If they are missing from his computer try copying them from your own computer or another computer running the same version of windows.

Back
Top Bottom