got a question

spartan228

Baseband Member
theroeticly is it possible to hook up a VCR to a tv tuner card on the computer using a cable wire and recording a VHS tape on the computer....let me know

I'm watchin the 5th element vcr on my computer screen right now!

rigged up exactly as you described.

you dont really even need a tv tuner if your vid card has ViVo, but if it was a cable TV show, then yea you would need a standard Rf cable. but i use my ViVo to play Xbox on my comp monitor, it looks alot better that way.

do you need any special connector or output on ur video card for ViVo?? because when i pop in my graphic card cd it has the ViVo drivers.

um it should have come with a cable or dongle thingy, that splits ur S-video out into three or four things (your standard red, yellow, white, S-video). you should just plug that cable in, and that should be able to take input signals to your computer,and output signals to your tv as well. (ViVo= video in Video out) here is what it might have looked like.
but your gfx card should have come with a program (like if it's an ATI, it would have had ATI TV or something) so you can use that feature. but if you didnt install the drivers for it, then it probably wouldnt wrk either. also what kind of gfx card is it?
check with ur manufacturer or on the box it cam in, to see if your card model has ViVo capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom