The Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great :D
If you can just think of me though playing on my old megadrive and snes...you might want to give me a new system too :p Just kidding.
Thats really good that!!

well Kage, u deserve one, for helping me out, if they doin that give-away with the xbox's i'll see what i can do :p

Think with a promo, you'd get it at a discount I'd think. Unless it was some kind of competition

well, i was goin to get a discount for my xbox but instead, they were giving them away as prizes so i got one for free. Depends, maybe i'll just get a discount wit the new ones, but we still need to wait until they come out! lol

It looks OK, and the graphics will be Insane. But im not overly thrilled on it's appearance. I think they made it look a little to futuristic. I know my xbox takes alot of abuse, dropping it, not cleaning it, getting it wet, etc.. this thing doesnt look all that tuff. and the controllers though they do look like the controller S, seem a little fatter, and not as defined as the controler S. despite my not liking the design I still think it's gonna do great, and im still gonna buy one. but just one question, will it be backwards compatable(able to play regular XBox games)?

yes yes yes microsoft fans...it all looks nice but PS3's hardware has it beat. according to a thingy a friend sent me this is what they had to say.

CPU~
X-box next - 2(maybe 6 according to some unofficial rumors) 64-bit processors at 3 Ghz TOTAL(btw these are actually modified MACINTOSH PowerPC Processors)
PS3 - 4 128[or possibly 256(still undecided)]-bit processors at 4Ghz EACH

Just doing the math on that one - if operating at the same clock speed a 64-bit processor will be about half as fast as a 128, but the x-box next cpu is 2-1.5GHz Processors. Even if PS3 ONLY has 128-bit processors at 4Ghz EACH - x-box next will need about 22 of their processors to compete(not 2) and if they are 256-bit . . . try about 90.

Memory~
X-box Next - most likely a modified form of DDR2 operating at an effective clock speed of 800-1000Mhz
PS3 - Rambus "Yellowstone" and "Redwood" Modules operating at at least 3200Mhz

Microsoft will need 3-4 times as much memory ot compete

GPU~
X-box Next -An ATI Chip Very likely at the R500/R550 level
PS3 - NVidia custom processor approx. 2-3 times faster than GeForce 6800 OC

From What we've seen from ATI and NVidia recently these gpu's will be roughly equal on all levels that matter.

Medium~
X-Box Next - HD-DVD Single Layer(15GB) - Hard Drive Optional
PS3 - Blu-Ray SL(25GB) - Hard Drive Likely to be Built-In

The next-gen formats are designed to provide higher storage capcity than DVDs.(4.7 GB single layer and 8.5 DL)
Single-layer HD-DVD discs are able to hold around 15Gb with the dual layer version holding around 30Gb. Single-layer Blu-Ray discs are able to hold around 25Gb with the dual layer version holding around 50Gb.

It is all too apparent that the PS3 trumps the x-box next at every turn. The Only level ground is with their GPU's but w/out the x-box next's specs being up to par; PS3 will take the lead there too.

Bottom Line~
PS3 WILL be Superior to X-box Next (but in all fairness wont have Halo)

Ur wrong, read the specs @ Xbox.com, the Xbox 360 will have gddr3, not two. and BTW were was your friends sources? did he just pull specs from mid-air? links plz! you need facts to support ur claims. and BTW read up more on XBox 360, your specs arent all right. they have already posted the specs and yours are not all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom