Best Alarm and Temperature Display?

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
My case already has a front controller for 5 fans, which is all I can predict needing for right now.. (I haven't built it yet).

But, in the case of overheating or the fans slowing down, I'd like to have an alarm go off.. I wouldn't mind if it had a temperature display either.

I'm just looking for the best quality one, that is reliable and would catch my attention when something went wrong. What would you guys reccomend?

Hmm... in BIOS there is usually settings if your motherboard supports it to tell you when the computer is getting too hot and will give beep signals until it cools down. You can set the minimum temperature for this to go off, and then you can set an extreme temperature setting where the computer would switch off automatically when the CPU is over doing it.
I wouldn't worry too much about heat though. As long as you have a god case with a few fans, exaust and intake fans, you should be fine.

I'll have a look for some good systems though if you don't like the above idea :)

Well, my case has 5 fans..
My PSU has 2 fans..
My motherboard has a fan..
My GPU has a fan..
And my processor has a fan and heatsink

Think it'll stay cool enough..? :p

Also, the motherboard I chose was:
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

So, would you know if that would have that feature?

Oh yes, and I have an external USB fan for me. :p

You could just check. it will be somewhere in BIOS (Del at bootup) and just check for the feature. might be in Advanced Chipset Features, though you'll have to check :) I'd expect it to if its new, so yeah.

As for that system... with 5 fans on the case... must be really loud, though it will sure be coooooolllll. I guess thats why you got fan controllers :D

If they are fans that plug straight into the motherboard, they might have options to speed up when system gets too hot too.

you should have got a fan controller with temp probes/alarms/led display, that would be a lot better than monitoring with software. I don't know what would be the best, shop around i guess. probably around $50 give or take

Yeah thats definetly true, though having both running isn't a bad idea really.
The software would probably give you more control

Back
Top Bottom