Surround sound

It is a good speaker system...just remember that you can have the best speakers in the world but they are garbage unless you have a sound card that will be able to handle it.

Absolutely get those. You won't regret using it for games and music. FOr movies, it's good too. You'll hear the sounds coming from the rear surrounds. I like to a THX certified speaker set though. My current speaker set is not but it sounds pretty powerful still. I wonder if there will be a significant difference if I do switch over to a THX one. My sound card supports it.

THX is a standard of sound quality really yeah, so you know you can expect the best sound from the speakers when joint with a corresponding sound card, and game/movie.

As for speakers, Logitech are never really bad, though these it doesn't have the best signal to noise ratio for the price (Creative give about 98db), or the frequency response which is 18khz to 80hz.
The most people can hear is 20khz to 20hz...and so that 80hz is pretty high for a cut out for bass and so not so good.
A good Creative set would blow these out of the water, with a frequency response of around 20khz to 40hz which is much better, especially for the amount of watts those speakers use on the bass unit...

I would look for another set to tell the truth. They just wouldn't do a good sound card justice, especially for music... though your bound to get a loud sound with those because of the wattage

I think he might have meant sound card hehe...

As for Jac006's speaker system showings, these are the perfect bet for an audiophile :D
Great frequency responce, 20khz to 40hz...this is much more like it and cant beat that for a system of that price, especially for 5.1 and 6.1 sets! Great ones!

Back
Top Bottom