The Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvino

Golden Master
Specs:
-Processor: 3x IBM PowerPC processors running @ 3.2ghz each (custom-designed)

-Video: ATI Technologies manufactured chip running at 500mhz w/ 48 pixel shader pipelines

-RAM: 512mb GDDR3 (8x more than Xbox 1)

Features:
-The Xbox 360 will support all standard & HDTV modes w/ multiple levels of anti-aliasing.

-It is a DVD player out of the box, meaning that you don't have to buy the extra hardware and progressive scan is now supported for smoother and sharper DVD playback.

-It also carries a 20gb detatchable hard drive that's upgradeable if necessary.

-What is known is that Xbox 360 games will ship on standard and dual-layer DVDs, unlike Sony's PS3, which will use high-density Blu-Ray DVDs. Recent rumors also suggest that Xbox 360 may be outfitted with HD DVD instead, but Microsoft won't comment.

-Online gameplay is central to the new Xbox, and there's an Xbox Live-enabled toggle button placed dead-center on the controller

-The new console also features built-in Ethernet and support for the IEEE 802.11a, b and g variants of Wi-Fi wireless networking (802.11g is what Apple uses in its AirPort Extreme cards)

-Microsoft hasn't made many changes from the Controller S that's standard issue on the Xbox now; the wireless controllers are about the same size. Players will also have the option of using the Xbox 360's USB port. And as an added bonus, PC players will be able to use the Xbox 360 controllers, too.

-The Xbox 360 will also act as a bridge between PCs running
Windows XP and Windows XP Media Center Edition and home entertainment systems, streaming audio and video content from those computers and portable devices. The detachable hard drive can be loaded up with ripped music, as well

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mc/20050513...CkjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

What do you guys think about it?

Wow! I can't wait for the A.I this thing will be able to deliver. Especailly if they could probably have one CPU just doing this :p
That new graphics Physics chip could be used to to allow for true A.I to be handed straight from the graphics chip.

You might also want to mention the CPU's will use a new 65nm manufacturing process!!

I love the amount of RAM that cards going to have too...and 48 pixel pipelines? Whats the max on PC's at the mo?

I love custom stuff thuough as they can do so much more with it :)

As for the type of discs it'll use. The battle against Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is still being fought.

If blu ray wins, you'll get 25gb a side, 50gb on a dual layer, or for HD-DVD, a max of 25gb i think on a dual layer. I guess Microsoft could still use the HD DVD if it decided to, though it'd be like using an old game system using Beta Max after it died rather than VHS even though it had better quality or not hehe.

The RAM is for the whole system, not the graphics chip. As for the the pipelines, I think 16 is the max pipelines out for PC's (so 48 is a really big jump!).

512mb GDDR

I thoguht GDDR ram was only for the graphics chip. Are you sure its for the whole system?

512Mb is pretty low for a system like that if so...hmm... They'd be choking it

If its just for the graphics card though, 512mb is alot

Kage said:
512mb GDDR

I thoguht GDDR ram was only for the graphics chip. Are you sure its for the whole system?

512Mb is pretty low for a system like that if so...hmm... They'd be choking it

If its just for the graphics card though, 512mb is alot

Hmmm...good point. :p I think it might be for the graphcis chip.

wiktorek01 said:
WoW :eek:
finally, a controller for pc and xbox, i mod all my xbox controllers for pc :p lol

They're wireless too! You don't need to buy 3rd party wireless controllers anymore! :D:D:D

Is it just me, or does anyone else see in the not too far future consoles becoming more and more like pcs.

I might actually have to pick up the 360 if they have some good games for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom