Can I take my CD Drives and put them into new Case?

T-Doit

In Runtime
I hav a EMachines Comp with those matching kinda looking things on the CD Drives. And I was wondering if I can transfer the CD Drive to another case. I hav a EMachines T30256 Or something like that lol.. cant remember but it is Black and Silver... plz help!

WHAT you mean the whole cd base or just the cover, i would of thought you could with just the front cd case, dont see why not , you cant break it

Picture7.jpg

This is when it is Open, the Silver Cover comes out with the CD Drive
Picture8.jpg

This is it when its Closed.

I wanna move w/e I need to move it to a new Case, I dunt care about the Cover, as long as I can move it.

Yes you can transfer the cd drive to another case.

PS: don't post more than once in a row, use the edit button.

Just open the computer take out a few screws slide the drive out and stick it in the other computer. Then just connect the ide and power cord and your done.

Yes you can move them but you need to make sure the jumpers are set to what ever position the drive will be installed as; along with any other drive that is on the same IDE cable. Master is always hooked to the end connector and slave to the middle connector on the ide cable. Sometimes the computer will utillize the "cable select" jumper setting but not all computers support this option even among same brand name.
Warning****** changing out the drives may cause your windows OS to have to be re-activated. Make sure that you have the activation key redily accessable. If you do not have it you can download "everest" and it will locate it for you.

yes you can transfer the drive to a new case with no problem. The silver styling on the front is removable, so if the drive doesn't fit in the case, you can always unclip the facia. It won't look as good, but it will still work. as Lurkswithin says, you will need to make sure the jumber settings are correct, but even a drooling vegetable can do this. 1 master and 1 slave, simple

Back
Top Bottom