irritating resolution problem

j Rizzo

In Runtime
my bios are displayed in the wrong setting, wtf. its centered towards the bottom left corner so the beginnings of all the lines are cut off, its the same in the norton screen, then it goes back to normal at the windows loading screen, oh yeah and it started doing it when i put the asus board in for the second time(seems to be when eerything went wrong)

Ok...

I know this is easy to suggest but a royal pain in the butt to go back and set up but try defaulting the bios. It could be the bios built in vga drivers are scrambled.
Unplug from the wall before you do a hard(jumper or battery)reset.
Let me know what happens.

I know for sure that monitors run at 640x480 when running dos at 60hz, so you can try changing your monitor settings while its booting, and hopefully the monitor will store them.

Go into Bios so it gives you enough time and mess around with the monitor stretch and move settings till it goes right.

In windows, the res would change to something like 800x600 or 1024x768 + so the monitor will probably be set up for these resolutions, as it needs a different setting for each.

I hope this helps

Um...

If he changes the monitor settings at it's front controls it will change for everything fed to the monitor. He states it's only at the post and prewindows screens. Windows is showing ok.

Hmm, this isn't the case for mine.

I had to change it for bios first time round, and because it is 640x480 at 60hz I just had to program it into the monitor right by scaling it. The windows boot screen when its loading also uses 640x480.

Then when it boots into windows, the resolution would change to whatever it is set up in windows like, and then the monitor should auto switch to the pre-programmed state to match it like it seems to be doing.

It just seems the 640x480 at 60hz that seems to be out on the monitor.

well, i cant change my res in my monitor menu, only from the desktop, and theres no res setting in my bios, i think ill take my battery out when i go to sleep tonight and see if its fixed in the morning

No that would work.
There will be no res and stretch scaling in BIOS, as Dos always uses the default 640x480 at 60hz anyway, and has nothing to do with the BIOS.

I actually meant stretch settings, as in to stretch the monitor out and up to fill the entire monitor area while in this res.

but your monitor should have some buttons to access menus to change stretch and things manually. Like Horizontal shifts, vertical shifts, and horizontal stretches and vertical stretches...
How old is it?!! It should at least have some dials that turn to change settings, or at best, a built in digital menu.

Its stupid if its only within windows, since if you can only change it in windows, I was going to say to change settings to 640x480 and changing refresh rate to 60hz and then changing the stretch settings, though in DOS, windows wouldn't be loaded to affect these changes!

Are you sure theres no buttons or dials anywhere on the monitor??

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom