Game Console - PC

Yeah me neither. might even have ports like that since its so advanced.

SONY CELL:

As for the Sony Cell processor, it is capable of getting to about 4Ghz with its 90nm manufacturing process (Like Winchester and Vence AMD cores). There are then 4 or 5 cells around this one (can't remember exact number) mini processors used to calculate some things so they all share. The big main one still calculates most things though. So it would be be a bit more capable and smoother at running bigger processes than a standard Dual CPU would be, since it'd share more across more 'cells'.
It also is going to run fully at 64 bit, so will need to have an operating system built for it too...but I'm sure they have that covered.
Sony are also thinking of making it more Mass market for other devices too, and not just for there PS3

'Ultimately, Kutaragi suggested, we'll see 16 teraflop supercomputer 'cabinets' and one petaflop (a million billion flops, in other words) server rooms - the latter delivering enough raw power for true AI systems, he said.'
Taken from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/11/05/sony_cell_cpu_to_deliver/

True AI!!!! Wowwww, Finally...car games being realistic, and other games are going to be great. Thats whats missing in new games. Graphics are great, but just the A.I needed pumping up.

XBOX360:

As for the XBOX 360...wow... you sure thats right? Is that even possible? Must be custom in that case... I thought only dual was capable...didn't know you could have a Trio CPU setup hehe...

Looks like, like the first XBOX, it'll run rather like a PC so might even let you do stuff.. its built to be a replacement PC i've heard, thoguh mainly for games...rather like a Media Centre but on drugs :p... Though drugs are bad...bad bad drugs...

The CPU's also use a 65nm manufacturing process!!! This is very very small. Much smaller than 90nm uses in latest cores!
Info taken from: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/01/27/xbox_2_to_get_65nm/

why don't you see if you can get a mod chip that adds a networiking card to your pc then install windows xp on the xbox 360's hardrive and install windows server on you main pc :D that would result in a mini super computer :D

Ok lets get this right. So i have a tv tuner card like some ati one and if I hook my xbox up to it it will use my computer monitor like a tv right? and it will not affect the preformance of a xbox or any thing like decreade the fps? Basicly i dont want to like use the xbox and computer... I just want to use the xbox on my monitor.

PS....... I dont have a xbox or a ps2....lol......... I owned both but lets just say that when I get angry on online games shit happnes.

Back
Top Bottom