Most important fan?

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
okay, i got yelled at for not makin a new thread :( sorry, i didnt think the question would make a debate. lol

k, so i'm wondering, if you had one extra fan would it go to the back of the case or the front??

I only had 2 fans, one on my heatsink and one on the side panel, and i just took apart my old computer and took the fan out of the power box. I put it on the back of the case, as an exhaust but it didnt to much, but when i put it on so that it blows air in my temp went down about 4 degrees :D

i'm probably goin to buy another fan to put in the front, just wanting to know ur opinoins.

-thanx

wtf you can take the fan outta ur psu? i thought that was dangerous...i might do that when i got home, just until i get my LED fans

try putting one in the front blowing in and one in the back blowing out, this works quite good

Ahem...

Give that matter a rest. Now you're doing it right

As for taking your psu fan out that's not a good thing. When the voltage regulators get hot to a certin point they will shut off. Besides the fan in the psu sucks the hot air along with some case air out the back. Without the psu fan air get drawn in through the psu and it's hot air going in to the case. It makes the case ambeint rise.
80mm fans are cheap. Good ones can run as cheap as 2 dollars. Shop around.
Now you can tell what the designer of the case had in mind for cooling by looking at the back of the case. Are there 2 holes for fans? If so then two inside blowing out is best here. Now drop the side panel and look at the bottom front. Are there 2 holes? If yes then you can get away with one or none if need be. But your hard drive needs some air forced over it too so at least one.
These mount inside pulling air in to the case. Moving air from the front to the back is the way most modern cases are designed.

you should probably have the same amount of intake and exhaust fans also, just something to think about.

ownage said:
no...you want a little more intake than exhaust. Maybe 2/3 ratio.
Um maybe the other way around. You really want to creat a little bit of negative pressure in the case. This helps to draw air in.

I have 6 case fans, two in front taking air in, two in back pushing it out, then one on the side pushing it out and one on top pushing it out and I get good temps.

i took the fan out of my old psu, which i don't use anymore, its trash, so don;t worry.
As for the holes, i only have one iin the back at the top under the psu and only one in the front on the very bottom

most important fan...

I think Rizzo is right, but you have to be sure that the front fan
is blowing air from the outside, into the case.
So, you must have some kind of air intake in the front.
My case only have one fan, and is in the back, blowing air out.
It works for me, because my case has air intake in the front, and
the two fans (case and psu), take fresh air in, and hot air out...

Back
Top Bottom