They are back at it: Stones start new tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giancarlo

Banned
I'm going to see if they have a concert in Los Angeles... I think in San Francisco and Anaheim.. I hope they make it here or I'll have to go up to San Fran.. anyways.. this is very exciting news for me because I can finally see them again (or at least I'll try).

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/10/stones.tour.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- It's only rock 'n' roll but they still like it.

The Rolling Stones, well into their fifth decade of playing rock 'n' roll, on Tuesday announced a global tour that will stretch into next year and laughed off suggestions that it would be a farewell tour.

"We never say this is going to be our last tour. We never think about it. We take each tour as it comes," singer Mick Jagger, 61, told a news conference at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

"I think that's a trap to try and get people to buy your tickets and say, 'Well, I'll never see them again."

Reminding the cheering crowd that not only are they far from elderly but one of the greatest bands in rock 'n' roll, the Stones kicked off the event with live performances of "Start Me Up" and "Brown Sugar" and a new song Jagger called "Oh No, Not You Again."

The wiry Jagger wriggled and strutted, while Keith Richards, also 61, grinned mischievously over his guitar licks.

It was a relatively low-key launch for a band that once landed in a blimp in a city park to kick off a world tour in 2002.

"This is one of the earliest concerts we've been to in a while, actually," Jagger said of the midday event. "We're calling it the cornflakes concert."

I made a mistake.. Anaheim is in LA. Anaheim Angel Stadium.. so I definitely am gonna see them..

I find this tour funny because they already had their "goodbye" tour last year,lol.

No they didn't. In fact they didn't a tour last year because Charlie had health problems. But he's doing well now.

They are more popular then any band out there. If you are looking for tickets selling now in any of the cities. Forget it. You would have to wait for other cities. They have been sold out within hours.

http://www.rollingstones.com

NEW YORK, NY -- (May 16, 2005) - In a matter of a few hours the Rolling Stones sold out all tickets in Boston, Washington, D.C. Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and Calgary. A second stadium show was added at Fenway Park, in Boston, on August 23rd to support the incredible demand and also sold out immediately.

Additional markets will go on sale this weekend beginning with Charlottesville (Scott Stadium) on Friday, May 20th followed by Hartford (Rentschler Stadium), Detroit (Comerica Park), Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center), Chicago (Soldier Field), Pittsburgh (PNC Park), Hershey (Hersheypark Stadium), Tampa (St. Pete Times Forum) and San Diego (Petco Park) on Saturday, May 21st. Tickets for Anaheim (Angel Stadium of Anaheim) and San Francisco (SBC Park) will go on sale Sunday, May 22nd and tickets for Philadelphia (Wachovia Center), East Rutherford (Giant's Stadium) will go on sale Monday, May 23rd. The "Rolling Stones: On Stage" World Tour will launch August 21st at Fenway Park in Boston.

---

What I have highlighted is important to me.. heheh..

Haha, I'm sure he knows. He keeps eyeing this newspaper clip advertsing it.

EDIT>>> Turns out that because he's American Express cardholder, he can pre-order advance tickets for the show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom