Photoshop icon

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
It has become an annoyance to me now. I have photoshop 7.0. Sometimes I save ".psd" files on my desktop and when I click on something else, it turns the .psd icon to whatever I clicked. I can still open it with photoshop but it's just annoying because the icon keeps changing to something that it shouldn't be. I'm not sure if there's a spyware or virus involve but I scanned my computer recently and deleted all viruses and wares that was found.

No its not a spyware or a virus. I have this proble to but it happens with JPEG icons as well.

The reason is because of the thumbnail you can set it to save. If you right click the file and go to properites, theres an option for it to grab a snapshot, and do you want to show it or not.
You could just disable that, I have and just read the name like I used to before having Photoshop.

I have never seen a fix or what is causing it, though its nothing out of the ordinary in that sense :)

Thanks Kage, you have always been of help. Yeah, I did found out that changing the properties was the closest way to solve this. I'll just have to read the filename from now on.

Yeah, though you got icons you clicked on...I got icons that were random ones from windows lol, same thing though

Back
Top Bottom