needing help! about my mouse

Kage, thanks for your replies :']

Well, yeah, actually my plan is to be buy a new USB mouse, but I am still needing opinions about this, so then I won't have to waste money (computer stuffs are expensive in my place), and I am thinking maybe I can still fix this. If not, then my money goes bye bye :(

Do you by any chance have any other issues with your PC regarding hard drive errors or anything?
One thought of mine is somehow, your mice are being damaged or the port overloaded or not loaded with power enough (though they work fine on other peoples PC's, and work on your own port for a few days :s Very confusing).

What wattage power supply do you have? The reason I asked if you have any other issues is because it could be the power supply giving you a hard time.

If all else fails, just buy a USB mouse, and test if this works. You can get cheap optical mice for about £10. I have one :p A Packard Bell. It suits me.

If this works fine, then just skip using that PS/2 port until you get another motherboard or computer :p
and as for it saying the device is fine, it would do if the drivers were installed right, which is why I think it might not be them, buit just the port.

But its weird like i said, why they work for a bit and stop, though they work on neibours fine afterwards. Could be mouse drivers I guess but we'll skip this for the moment.

So yeah, by a cheap USB mouse, or borrow one off a mate and test it then. If this step works. At least you have a mouse that doesn't stop cutting out :)

NOTE: Also, I think your keyboard might be running from PS/2 too. so do you have two ports? If you can (unless they might be different types) swap the keybaord one for the other port (the one the mouse was on), does this then stop responding after a while?

I hope this helps

I have two ps/2 ports (for keyboard and for mouse), and well, I am not very sure about swapping them, is it safe?

Also, about the first thing you mentioned, well, yes, actually I am having LOTS of problems with my computer and it is not good. But the main problem I am facing right now is the mouse, because I couldn't work well with just the keyboard.

Yes course, it'll just recognise the device again. Its just to test if it is that port (and wont damage it at all).

All this could come down to a bad power supply you know... you might have to think about swapping it since it might be causing the other problems too.

What other problems are you having?

If these aren't related to the power suppy surging or someting, then i'd get a USB mouse, but we'll see.

Sorry, I am rather new about this hardware stuffs. (All I know is internet :'])

So what do you mean by bad power supply? Well, my computer is on... :[ what's that supposed to be or happen?

You know I'm learning a lot of things in this thread, thanks to you :']

------------

My other problem is about my pc which keeps on restarting everytime I watch a movie (well, sometimes anyway because I watched movie the other day and it played me the whole movie on 2 discs, but I watched another movie yesterday and it was crashing then restarting for many times). Once I logged on, a window is there already saying something like:

"Computer has restarted from unexpected shutdown. Blah blah blah...... device failure..... blah blah" ..... and mentions a drive of NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

And then another window which says:

"The system has recovered from serious error"

^^ Now that bothers me, it said "SERIOUS". I am not sure if this has something to do with my mouse not working....

No it wont be, this will be a different error.
Basically your video card restarted and crashed the system, and then Windows just says its recovered from a serious error because really a restart with no reason is rather serious...

This could be down to one of two things then, a bad power supply, or overheating on the video card.
Plus with the problems with the mouse, it makes me think its the 1st option, a bad power supply. Though it could be heat as well.
You have any extra fans in your system apart from ones on devices?

I would suggest you get a new power supply, I honestly would. Look around for a 400 or 450 watt minimum power supply.
This way, even though this system probably wouldn't need that much. When you get new parts and such, you can use the same one since you said things are expensive where you live.

This might clear up your problems or not, it depends if it was the power supply which it might be. They are rather easy to set up.
If it helps, place stickers on parts where the power supply was plugged into like for instance mark them on coloured wires which our power supply uses now to remember.

The mouse might even work now, as I'm thinking also with the power supply, the power to the PS/2 port might be stopping because of a power problem since this is the only explanation I can think of for why it would suddenly stop, depending on the mouse used.

You could then get an optical USB mouse and test this, or test a new one before getting a power supply. Though i would seriously think about it.

Just thought i'd give you a few options to help :) Hope it doesn't confuse you.

NOTE: Also with your expressions, instead of :] which won't work, try using : ) without the space and : (

Back
Top Bottom