Stupid but interesting question

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
What do dreams mean? I mean is there ANY link with them and the future?

This is one thing I don't think well ever have the answer to.

AmericanSensei

If they were linked to future events we would have the answer. Being that we have no answer this means they arent really linked to the future. Technically our muscled dont need sleep, only our brain does. Our muscled get enough rest throughout the day to provide enough energy if we dont sleep, but the brain needs time to process its thoughts for the day and store them...hence sleep.

Its not a stupid question at all. I liek deep disscussions like this :D

Yeah, dreams are used to clear the sub conscience lurking and this is where they come from, thoguhts of the day or even things your not sure of, hence why some are weird and this is placed somewhere. The short term memory you have collected is then stored into the long term storage to remember what you did, and then the short term is cleared.

Rather like a complex PC huh? but self healed and things :p

I don't believe it can hold future events in that case, but it is true we only use 10% of our brains, and so it must hold some forms of things we can't access.
Maybe we could read other peoples minds if we could access something since there must be a link somewhere, were all the same.

If you could access the future, this would be freaky since it'd mean it is already created. The past, yes, the future, no. This would mean it is all a set up. Fate would be a cause, since the timeline would already be there.

I believe if we could access some of our brains you could telepath with each other in some way, though most people who think they can do it, probably can't... just for popularity. Seems like a weird thing, but must be in some way possible.

AmericanSensei said:
What do dreams mean? I mean is there ANY link with them and the future?

This is one thing I don't think well ever have the answer to.

AmericanSensei

I saw a program on TV about it being a kind of defrag from what you have been thinking about in the previous day.

basically, yes. kage is right for the most part. they say you experience certain lengths and numbers of dreams depending on how much short term information your brain wants to store. what dreams are is an interesting concept.

i think dreams are linked to the future because every time i have a dream, it comes true, although my dreams are never really that important just seeing osmething ive never seen b4 in my mind and seeing in real life. deja vu

hmm, how come my dreams of owning a 911TT and the playboy mansion never come true then?

I have dreams that sometimes come true. Like for instance when my cat escaped from my house. I had a dream that I would find him in a alley behind my house the next day. It happened. Strange.... As far as them linking with the future... Actually my dream was linked to the future of the next day, so yea I think it has something to do with our minds and God.

here's another question my friend asked of me...do you dream in color or black and white?

i personally dream more in feelings...like how you would 'see' a memory.

Back
Top Bottom