ATI x950

Giancarlo said:
This is ridiculous. The only thing that ATI has that leads against Nvidia is the 850pt I believe... and that's ridiculously overpriced. Nvidia again has the mid and upper-mid range market by the balls. Other then the 850xt... ATI is finished. :mad:

Yeah...calm down. I think he meant that nVIDIA can only beat the X850 XT PE with SLI. No single card from nVIDIA (like the 6800 Ultra) can beat it. It's obvious that ATI sucks with mid-range and upper mid-range (the X300, X600 and X700 series all suck balls), but in the high-end range (which is like couple percent of the whole graphics card market) ATI holds that castle...until the 6950 Ultra comes out, that is.

j Rizzo said:
yeah, sorry alvino, 500 not 50. but 500 marks is not a huge difference

Heh...I still don't know how I got that score. I'm pretty amazed myself.

alvino said:
Yeah...calm down. I think he meant that nVIDIA can only beat the X850 XT PE with SLI. No single card from nVIDIA (like the 6800 Ultra) can beat it. It's obvious that ATI sucks with mid-range and upper mid-range (the X300, X600 and X700 series all suck balls), but in the high-end range (which is like couple percent of the whole graphics card market) ATI holds that castle...until the 6950 Ultra comes out, that is.

Why does it matter? Why does ATI focus so much of it time towards 1-2% of the market that uses the x850 XT PE? I'm serious, most of us can't afford it.

Also don't quote synthetic benchmarks. They aren't accurate. Individual tests are more accurate.

Lets face it, NVidia owns ATI by the balls when it comes to a business plan. Nvidia actually has more backing it (popular chipset)... a greater grip over the market (mid and upper-mid range markets). Money man is not sensible..

who cares what their business plan is? all im worried about is what my games look like when i plug in the card, maybe ati will fail in the long run but for right now the x800 series+ rocks.

Giancarlo said:
Money man is not sensible..

whew thought he was takling about me there for a sec. then i noticed there was no (_) so i was like WHEW! close one. why did you bring up the other money man? he hasnt said anything lately. meh since its already getting into an ATI vs nVidia thread which is off topic i've decided to say i got my cold cathode lights..2 of them and they perrdy!

Back
Top Bottom