Two Computer Networking Problem

Well, its kind of what I expected. Windows tends to do that when it releases one of its untested loose patches.\

Anyways, back on topic, anyone have any solutions before I just give up and reformat?

reformat, and reinstall SP2 and ALL OF THE SECURITY UPDATES.

Never had a problem when networking my machines in XP

I'd rather not, but if after a while no one has any more solutions then I will reformat.

oz02 :

Since you are connecting only 2 computers .. why dont you use some remote access solutions..

So that you can access the other system from anywhere in the world.. !
You can also Control the other system with your own mouse and keyboard. You can do anthing from accessing / transfering data.. run applications and all. It will be like you are working on the Remote PC itself. You can even shutdown or reboot the PC....:eek:.. Its just my suggestion. I came across 2 products named gotomypc and remotepc.. I tried RemotePC and its working fine with me..

http://www.remotepc.com

Hope this will work for you.. and economic too.. ha ha ..

Since both are on the internet, I assume both machines are pulling an IP. Can the two computers ping eachother?

Well, I reformatted and it was working fine. Then I installed SP2 and bam, half of my programs stopped working, I started getting huge memory lags, explorer started failing on me every other time a opened a folder, and of course the network stopped working again.

I decided to screw it and reformat again without SP2... voila, everything works as nice as possible with a windows machine. Kind of gets you thinking, doesn't it?

Thanks for the attempts at helping me.

Back
Top Bottom