Definitely Needed

A "How to Build your own Computer" Guide is definitely needed around here especially since I am nearing the build of my first and will desperately need some help!

Dude, why don't you spend a little money and get yourself an old Penitum computer and play with it. If you fry it, $20 down the drain. If you fry your new comp, $1500 down the drain!

What really bothers me, too, is people who think they know everything because of a manual. Book smarts means nothing when it comes to computers as they rarely do or mess up "as they are suppose to".

There are plenty of web sites that have dedicated themselves to such an endeaver. The problem is that most people don't listen and do what they want anyway. and so tech sites like this one has to deal with the " I can't install" syndrome
Google, read and learn.

maximum pc published a how-to like a few years ago, but i believe you can get it off their website.
Also the new PcGamer DVD has "The PC Building Bible" pick up the magazine.

computergen, will you be on a computer while your buildnig it? if you are going to be i can help you, since i built mine and built it again when i switched cases

The_Other_One said:
Dude, why don't you spend a little money and get yourself an old Penitum computer and play with it. If you fry it, $20 down the drain. If you fry your new comp, $1500 down the drain!

What really bothers me, too, is people who think they know everything because of a manual. Book smarts means nothing when it comes to computers as they rarely do or mess up "as they are suppose to".

yeah thats exactly what I did but the computer i got was much older...oh i had alot of fun with that piece of junk...lol and after when i built my real comp I had even more fun with that piece of crap computer by hurling it with all my might over my shoulder onto the pavement ;)

spartan228 said:
yeah thats exactly what I did but the computer i got was much older...oh i had alot of fun with that piece of junk...lol and after when i built my real comp I had even more fun with that piece of crap computer by hurling it with all my might over my shoulder onto the pavement ;)
That would certainly be fun.. hehe.

Well, alot of people are building their first computer (including me) in the next couple of months, so its not as if your alone in that one. I'm sure if you ask politely for things you can't find help with, you'll recieve some answers from people. Google.com can be used to find wonderful guides for building your first computer. (If it doesn't go down again.. hehe)

I just found this for you.. hope it helps:
http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm

Back
Top Bottom