wtf?!

My computer just suddenly go the 0000007B bsod error one day. I'm not sure why. It was working perfectly and then all of a sudden I boot after about an hour after I shut it down. My computer will boot on but, I keep getting the blue screen of death message whenever the hdd boots so I can't even boot windows. It's the 0000007B error. I changed hard drives and CPU chips and I still got the error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

I heard that if I put my windows XP CD into the CD-RW. I go to bios and choose for the CD-RW to boot first and it will enter windows XP setup on the computer and I have to reinstall windows or repair it and the computer will be ok.

Sounds like a plan...
But if you have any work of any importance on the hdd then take it to a shop and get them to rescue what they can of the data. You would be surprised how much they can retrieve from the most messed up drives.
If its not too much of a concern then just do as you said and wack in the XP and reinstall windows. (this will be a full format and all data will be lost)
Best of luck!
PS: if your drive is making any sort of strange noise then take it down the shop for repair -- or bin it... its pretty much dead anyway and a repair can cost as much as a new drive.

OK, thanks guys. There was nothing important on the drive anyway. It's probably in some landfill right now.

I am sorry but it always amazes the hell out of me when someone asks for help to resolve a problem/issue but fail to give all the details. I am glad that you think that I or someone else in here can see part of a error code and immediately know what the issue is.
It is tatamount to me asking you for help, come help me.....I live in Texas.
While being able to determine that you are using M$ windows
I heard that if I put my windows XP CD into the CD-RW. I go to bios and choose for the CD-RW to boot first and it will enter windows XP setup on the computer and I have to reinstall windows or repair it and the computer will be ok.
That helps a little.
0000007B bsod error .....there are probably 2000 errors that this will apply to.
How about rebooting that thing and copying the complete error message so Someone may have a better idea as to where to start trying to help.
Unless you just want to reformat and reinstall! which maybe your only option.
By the way... it would help to know what HDD setup you have as the options for that error code are different from IED to SCSI to Raid

Mainly I'm just asking if I can install windows xp pro by changing the BIOS to CD-RW (while the XP CD is in the CD-RW drive) as the first boot priority and the HDD second and install windows on my blank HDD.

Back
Top Bottom