Question?

UNCLEMIKE1

Baseband Member
When I change from window to window and then back to the desktop my icon graphics are slowly generated back to normal . What could be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well...

Mine does that also. But only after a marathon computing session. I would think the memory has not been released yet and it's a little crowded in there.

memory is my main suspect, if everything seems ok there then i would blame the video card.

yeah, get a comp anaylzer or somemat like it, like smartbar and look at ram usage and if its all the way up... yeah, its memory. i highly doubt its graphics, cause it sometimes happens with my friends comp and he has a 6600. but stupid idiot, only has 512 and runs so many programs so yeah, its ram.

reset your paging files to a smaller amount. This will cause your system to release the ram quicker. You can set it at the minimum which I think is about 400 I believe. But most definately do not exceed the (1.5 x ram) rule.

lurkswithin said:
reset your paging files to a smaller amount. This will cause your system to release the ram quicker. You can set it at the minimum which I think is about 400 I believe. But most definately do not exceed the (1.5 x ram) rule.
How do i go about doing that paging thing?

Ok...

Click> Start
Right click> My Computer
Click> Properties
Click> Advanced tab
Under Performance Click> Settings
Click> Advanced
Under Virtual Memory Click> Change

You can now make changes to your systems virtual memory. Try smaller setting but don't turn it off. Some programs are written to look for the page file. If they don't find it they don't want to run correctly or are prone to crashing.
P.S. Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. I have been working on a case project for my system.

Back
Top Bottom