What made you get into computers

Yeah thats great :D
So your learning from experience, and from watching people do things.
Thats great! best way to learn in my opinion. Thats how i did it when I was about 10...I broke the PC alot experimenting, but it was worth it.

Kage said:
Kewl Semtex, what computer did you start out with?

first one was a commodor 64, followed by BBC, then dual OS Acorn machines with RiscOS and win 3.11.

one thing i remember is that RiscOS worked really well. I never saw 1 of those machines crash. Actually, i don't suppose anyone knows of any RiscOS emulators do they? i wouldn't mind having a look at it again

I got interested in computers clear back in 1989 my dad had a slide viewer at his work that was my first experience with anything resembling a computer and then that year we got a old 386 computer and I used to play chess on it all the time and make banners it was not until we got the 486 that I really got interested in computers when the battery died on the bios and my dad actually opened the computer and I was right there watching with wide eyes as he replaced the battery but once I saw the insides of that computer I was facinated to all means I used to play in windows 3.1 then I would drop out of it and go into dos (my sister had a freind that would make non legal copies of games so I learned how to use dos when we first got the 386) and surf the hard drive for any applications I could start so after that I learned word perfect. then it really blossomed when we got a pentium computer with windows 95 installed and a internet modem my parents did not want to get on the internet so it took me a week to convince them to let me get on but once I did I played games non stop downloading free trials every day. and this was the first computer with a cd rom we had so I even went out and bought a bunch of dos games on a cd rom it was heaven. I remember playing cd trials of all sorts of games from doom to comand and conqure. it was history from then on.

well...it all started when i wanted to get a comp for games :D but i also wanted a afordable comp so i made my own and i got to now comps better :D

Started fiddling with my old P2 system, and I got hooked (I still have it...in pieces :p).

i first started out windows 3.0, and boy, did i have good times (and bad) with that. it was around 1993 or so and my dad had just gotten it and i was like wtf mate? never seen one of those things before... and what do you know it, he showed me the strings of the comp and i just took off. the first comp game i ever played was wolfenstien, the very first one tehy ever made. i was so sacred at the time, to play it. but graudlaly, i got older and i learned that a game shouldnt scare me as much. then the internet came out and the old windwops couldnt take the internet so i just got an emahcnies (very crappy) and then i really started to pick off with learning about how a comp works and all that and the components etc. then i saved up, got a fairly nice desktop (pent. 3.2 ht, just upgraded to 1024 mb ram, 200g hd, 24 bit sound blaster, and an ati radeon x300se pcie) that was decent but my labtop that i just got (in specs) pwns my desktop, even the graphics arent as good. but yeah, i have come a long way.

Back
Top Bottom