Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already had this debate with Giancarlo, he knows why I'm against it, and that's the end of story for me. I do not have time right now to battle out my own opinions.

rakedog said:
I already had this debate with Giancarlo, he knows why I'm against it, and that's the end of story for me. I do not have time right now to battle out my own opinions.

I too won't discuss this with someone who fails to look at the valid points the advocates of the death penalty make.

Giancarlo, don't push it, please.

I am against the penalty.
You're pro-penalty.

They're just opinions, please the leave it be.. I do not want to get into an arguement.

Well...

Well said rakedog and alvino. Do not let yourselves be provoked in to a fight. Well done.

If the person was compleltly gulity and comitted murder or some other teriible crime, yeah I think its justified

Giancarlo said:
There are no big screw ups as death row jail officials are trianed to take care of it.

no big screw-ups? didnt you read that post that had a link in it to botched executions? even one it too many. when the persons needle flies outta their arm and flings poisionous liquids at the people watching thats a problem. when a person has high blood pressure and his nose bleed erupts outta his nose and outta teh side of his mask i see a problem there. maybe thats just me

I provided counter-proof. Botched executions are a thing of the past because officials these days receive adequate training. We don't live in the 19th century. I think that anti-death penalty people as yourself feel isolated in a society that is against you.

I'm against the death penalty...

short of witnesses and confessions (that are not forced) there is very rarely any conviction that is beyond a shadow of a doubt...

Lok at it this way, you say Paedophiles should get the death penalty...

what about a case like the current case against Michael Jackson, there are plenty of people comming forward to sell stories saying that they were molested. but there are plenty more people who are saying that they weren't and believed he'd not do such a thing...

Same for murder, There is rarely ever truly conclusive proof, DNA testing is not 100% accurate, there is always a remote possibility that yuo've killed the wrong person.

if you imprisson the wrong person then they can always be released, but if they are dead there s no way they are coming back.

That said the prisons around the world are over crowded and tre repeat offenders/mass murderers etc who will litterally die behind bars, well somewhere inside I think why should they live their lives in jail... in a lot of countries in the world, (britain and america included) the people in pemtention seem to recieve better treatment than people say in state run care homes, honest people who in many cases fuoght for our freedoms, and they live in smaller rooms, get less exercise, less privellages in the way of technologies, and cheaper meas, (hell in britain its been shown that people inside the prison system have more money spent on their meals than school kids, retirement homes, and hospitals!
so yes in the c ase of a real 'lifer' I think the death penalty is more sutable than a life behind bars simply to free up either the cell space, or the money he government pays to run prisons.

Giancarlo said:
I provided counter-proof. Botched executions are a thing of the past because officials these days receive adequate training. We don't live in the 19th century. I think that anti-death penalty people as yourself feel isolated in a society that is against you.

i thought you were talking about even back then they were trained and those would've been just random events. ok i get your point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom