Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
zodiak said:
I think the death pennalty shall stand as long as it is painless, or something close.(i.e. lethal injection, gas chamber, or getting shot)(the elsctric chair is just inhumane)

the death penalty is supposed to be the ultimate punishment for the people who have commited a crime. if you let them go painlessly thats not fair to the victims who suffered in many cases. however you kill someone if found guilty you should be put through that exact same punishment.

edit> usually i have no feelings for this type of stuff but this is very inhumane and the exeutioner should be put to death. personall if i was in the romo with the executioner i would beat the shit outta him with a steel pole. the same one this man banged his head on.

3. Sept. 2, 1983. Mississippi. Jimmy Lee Gray. Asphyxiation. Officials had to clear the room eight minutes after the gas was released when Gray's desperate gasps for air repulsed witnesses. His attorney, Dennis Balske of Montgomery, Alabama, criticized state officials for clearing the room when the inmate was still alive. Said noted death penalty defense attorney David Bruck, "Jimmy Lee Gray died banging his head against a steel pole in the gas chamber while the reporters counted his moans (eleven, according to the Associated Press)."3 Later it was revealed that the executioner, Barry Bruce, was drunk.4

The death penalty is a very fair form of punishment when it comes to lethal injection. Since most states do not use the electric chair, that is not of an issue. I find it ridiculous anti-death penalty people again are launching their endless tirade of attacks, which are misfounded at best.

"Deathpenaltyinfo.org" is an anti-death penalty site. Maybe you should read the other side for a change:

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com

We make some very good points.

yes executions should go on...but not allowing the person to bang their head off a steel pole. picture that in your mind. also executions should be performed by a specail "execution staff" trained only in that. that way theres less screw ups

I'm for the death penalty, heres why:

Reason 1. A person in prison for life has to eat, right? Well guess where the prisons get the money to buy the food...YOU! Come on, I don't think people want to pay money (especially victims and victims families)to fuckfaces like the ones in prison.

Reason 2. A person who has life in prison has nothing to loose, whats to stop them from just killing another inmate (or even worse and innocent gaurd) becuse he got a look? Or, a prisoner spending his days finding ways to escape, and then what? Joe Schmo is out and killing again, great.

I believe the death penalty laws should be changed though, as in "less" harsh crimes should also be considered first degree. Look at Jessica Lundsford, she was malested and now dead because a convicted pedaphile was let go, smooth move on the judicial system. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, they loose track of him....I swear, they should just use a 50 cent bullet and get it over with...scum...

I strongly for the death penalty. I live in Canada.
the reason i belive in the death penalty is because of another punishment, house arrest(being jailed at home). i think thats a joke. most of us where would love to just sit around all day and not have to do anything. anyways the reson they have house arrest is because jails are too full. so my solution kill a bunch of them and presto, jails are not full. I know that sounds a little cold hearted, but thats the way i feel.

Dishdog said:
I strongly for the death penalty. I live in Canada.
the reason i belive in the death penalty is because of another punishment, house arrest(being jailed at home). i think thats a joke. most of us where would love to just sit around all day and not have to do anything. anyways the reson they have house arrest is because jails are too full. so my solution kill a bunch of them and presto, jails are not full. I know that sounds a little cold hearted, but thats the way i feel.

Totally agree. Our jails are so full. Get rid of them
;)

money_man said:
yes executions should go on...but not allowing the person to bang their head off a steel pole. picture that in your mind. also executions should be performed by a specail "execution staff" trained only in that. that way theres less screw ups

There are no big screw ups as death row jail officials are trianed to take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom