song lyrics that make you think

welcome to jam rock - damian marley
"when di education fails dats when the guns replce it
dey locket and cocket and when they dem run out of rounds they got their extra magazine in dem back pocket"

I think I prefer Bob's over his son's But it goes with the addage that "those with the bigger toys wins syndrome" or so the idiots(no education) thinking is.

"I shot the sheriff but I did not shoot the deputy"
Bob Marley in I shot the sheriff.
Always makes me wonder " why leave some one able to come after you and hunt you down...Hell, shoot them all.

i do prefer bob but that song just makes me think same as some dance music i dont actualy listenm to it myself im more drum and bass fan but when my mate has got it on it makes you think.
its funny how certain music can trigger something to make you think about something.bob is a legend but hes son is good most reggae makes me think aswell because most of it isnt chatting shit thats why i only like tupac and biggy not 50pence because he chats aload of shit.

"Stairway to Heaven" Led Zeppelin

"Wonderwall" Oasis

"Times Like These" Foo Fighters

"Behind Blue Eyes" The Who

"American Pie" Don Mclean

I can think of a bunch of songs that have great lyrics and make you think. If you haven't already, listen to "Stairway to Heaven" and listen to the lyrics closely. It is really weird. The entire song is like one huge metaphor.

son, I was listening to led zeppelin before your granddaddy got a gleam in his eye with your grandmomma. damn, boy you talking to an original height asbury hippie. monterrey pop festival in '67,with janis...woodstock in '69 with jimmy. In the movies to prove that I was there ,too. It was nothing for us in that age to get a notion and go see a concert 1000 miles away. Stick out our thumbs and be there in 2 days without a dime in our pockets. sitting in a tea shop and see jim morrison stumble by have someone point him out and see him MAKE UP songs that night right on stage(he never wrote them down till afterwards) "Texas Radio and the Big Beat" was there when that one was coined (Being from texas, you guess) ever here the word "groupie" before.
Hell, use to travel all over the lousiana border listening to my school buddy play because the band he played in couldn't get a gig in side the state of texas.... even though they were from there...frank beard (zz.top) Paisley shirts,18" white elephant bells, sandals and a ponytail to the top of my ass.
My wife had a staircase drawn all over her bedroom wall that went from floor to ceiling.... in every flouescent color you can imagine....yep, I do believe I I have listened to it a little bit.

i do prefer bob but that song just makes me think same as some dance music i dont actualy listenm to it myself im more drum and bass fan but when my mate has got it on it makes you think.
It is all good and well. The posting is just that... to listen, to hear, to feel...what someone else is trying to convey to us. To comprehend....to think!!!!!

Can I ask a question? What makes the song "Stairway to Heaven" so good? I mean, it's alright, but I'm not sure what part of it makes it the best song ever...I ask people but they don't really give me an answer, I was hoping what others thought.

Back
Top Bottom