WTF Processor

Steven11

BSOD
WTF?

My motherboard has a socket 478 that can only be used with a p4 or celeron that has 400/533 Mhz FSB. It has hyperthreading when a hyperthreading processor is in their. So this is the problem i cant find any processor that is P4 (I dont like celeron) Has 533/400mhz FSB that also has hyperthreading. the main problem is the fsb. Please post anylinks of processors you know fit that or post soloutions.

Is 800Mhz FSB Backwards compatible to 400Mhz FSB? Help with this as well please.

Thanks Ladies and gentleman,

Steven11

I'm not so sure about the second question, no, but I know that some Pentium 4's run at 533Mhz I think. Don't know about Hyper Threading though

Yeah, I read this about a random P4 motherboard, shows that you could get a 533mhz one that must be running at atleast 3.6Ghz so can't be too bad...:

'Motherboard's features: Intel 875P chipset, Supports P4 800/533/400MHz FSB 3.06GHz and up'

I don't know much about FSB and that though.

Heres a list of them available on one site, might be the whole range, I wouldn't know :p:

http://www.baber.com/cpu/intel_cpu_pentium4.htm :)

But basically from this, the maximum Pentium 4 speed you could get is 3.6Ghz which is really fast, the fastest available, still at a 533Mhz FSB.

The 400Mhz FSB's only go up to 2.6Ghz

I hope this helps

ok, thans kage my motherboard is actually a P4PE Asus one, hope this helps i checked the link but i am british and dont know the exchange rate, although i will check.

Any more links?

Yeah, I'm British too.
I just used that as a link with all the names, not for prices :)

Yep, No probs :)

Try:

www.microdirect.co.uk

I'd trust these people with my life for computer hardware, and delivering times :)...Well not my life...but you get what I mean :D

Try them out because I've used them many times, and was really happy with there service, and no problems what so ever! If you need to phone them, you end up waiting a bit, but once they answer, you usually get the information you want too.

Just make sure you order before 5pm to get items the next day if you ask for that option :)

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom