iTunes Sucks

Yeah, Creative and I-River have made a new for themselves to producing solid and performing sound jukeboxes. If I had to choose, I'd still go with Creative, though I-River models tend to have more customisation with recording on other devices and such.
As for sizes, you can get them all with 20gig hard drives and 40gb models too.

The Rio Carbon I tihnk only holds 5GB, and so if you want one as big as the I-Pod (20gb), then get the Rio Karma. I've heard good reviews from this.

Delta? What do you mean by the Creative Zen? There are loads. Do you mean the original?
Or do you mean the Creative Zen Xtra? Zen Touch? Zen Micro?... Any are good, though the original Creative Zens are seeming a bit clunky now and big, but the Creative Xtra (though rather big) can hold 60Gb of music at its highest hard drive limit. Not bad really, plus houses a 14 hour removable battery. This is the only player made by Creative that still has the Enviromental Audio plugin to allow for echos and other advanced effects seen on their Sound cards. People didn't seem to use them, so Creative got rid of it on later versions of Zens :|

As to answer the question, that seems like some kind of memory fault within the program itself. Open task manager after closing it, (control, alt, and delete) and then check in Processes that it still isn't secretly running.
If it is, stop the process and see if you can load it again.

Windows Media Player has done this a few times to me, and you have to close it down from here to make it open again, otherwise it just sits there. Sometimes I've closed it while music is playing and the music carries on, and at first I was like...what? Only happened a slight few times though. Overall, I am very happy with the new Media Player.

I've heard good things about I-Tunes too, though it seems to me more of a place to buy songs on the net rather than a music player as such. Though they've done a good job, I have to admit of setting it up, and all the EQ's and such. It would never replace Media Player for me though...I've never needed it.

Sorry, One has the Zen Touch the other bought the Micro, both are excelent.

I like iTunes, I just dont like what comes with it, and I certianly wouldn't buy tracks from it. I'd buy CD's to be honest.

Yeah. Thats the problem with music downloads at the mo. CD's to me hold a better feeling to them than downloading a track, plus downloads of songs seem to have protection on them so you can only copy the track once, and then it wouldn't work. So this makes copying the track to CD and to your music player almost impossible...well unless you recorded the file using a seperate program...but thats not the point.

Yeah, I agree those players are good :) I personally like the Micro...but because of the space issue, i wish they brought one out just like it (same design and features) but 20gb and/or 40gb.

Then again though, I put all my music and backups on my player (11gb of music in all) and I think... do i ever hardly listen to all these? I like to shuffle though, but most players nowadays dont even have a memory function to remember tracks its already played, so you get repeats all the time.

Do Creative ones have this feature?
I have an I-Audio M3L (35 hour battery like, 20Gb player) though I am a bit dissapointed with it...one thing is the memory feature...there just isn't one...and many many more I've encountered/found since getting it...
On a good note though, the battery life is amazing (though its non-removable...something I hate a player to have) and the sound quality is great (Almost as good as Creatives) with excellent sound features like EQ, BBE, and bass enhancers...

The resons I wont buy music online is the protection. The tracks are protected to prevent you copying them, this also restricts how you use them. Yet they let you burn them to CD.

Burn them to disc and rip them and there is no restrictions at all. So without any auditional software, I can remove the protection they put on in the first place. Why? Whats the point?

I don't know. Its just supposed to stop people copying, though obviously, it doesn't work very well. I don't exactly know where the MP3 file would store the data about how many times its been copied. Could this be on the registry and thats why when you copy to cd it works?

I mentioned about the protection up there, but didn't know you could burn to cd how many times you wanted, as I thought this would be the point of the protection...

doesn't the ipod show up as a hard disk in my computer? i went for an iRiver for the same reasons many people here have chosen ipod alternatives - compatability. (plus the iriver sounds fantastic with a decent set of earphones)

Yeah Irivers do, though if they do, Creatives must sound even better (Sound to Noise Ratio plays a big part as well as sound features)

Yeah, I think the Ipod does show up as an external Hard disc...actually I'm pretty sure it does

I'm thinking of getting the Toshiba Gigabeat 10gb

www.gigabeat.com

Gigabeat.jpg

Hey that looks great you know, not all thats important though. What battery life does it have? What extra features? :p

I know that some companies hide a bad product behind looks, and so you should be careful, but I'm sure you've done the research.

Back
Top Bottom