Omg Help!

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
My computer wont boot properly!!!
Okay, I start up my computer and I get the screen telling me it was turned off unproperly and it asks me how i would like to boot. Anything i chose doesnt work! the windows Xp loading screen comes up and then a blue screen pops up and my computer restarts. and the same thing happens again. I couldnt see the blue screeen too welll because it popped up for a second, but i did read something and it said, physical memory dump.

the last thing i did with my computer before this happened, was installed a program for my motherboard from www.intel.com
it was something like an Accelerator.

Please, i need help, i'm sitting here in my info.tech class, i'll check the forums again at lunch, and then again after school in the library to do my powerpoint assignment and type out my essay :(

Hmm...seems like it might have done damage.

Don't worry yet though, when you get home try running in Safe Mode (f8 at bootup) to see if you can access Windows there. (EDIT: Unless one of the options is Safemode...)

Hopefully you can, and you can uninstall it and run repairs from within Windows.

STEP 2 : Booting from another drive : Best Option!!!

If this fails, Try and borrow another hard drive with Windows on it, put this as the Master and the one that won't work as the Slave.
Then boot up and the master will boot windows, while you'll be able to drag files off onto the Master or to DVD or to another memory device from the Slave which should work :) So no, don't worry just yet.
You could then reformat knowing your data files are safe.

STEP 3: Clearing CMOS on motherboard

If all else fails and that doesn't work, try resetting the Bios (This might not actually have anything to do with it though, since it seems more a hard drive problem). Either by taking the bios battery out from the motherboard for a few hours, or if it has a CMOS Memory Clear jumper on it (check manual: It can be near or a bit away from the battery if you have one), and switch positions of this to clear the memory on the bios chip. Then power up and try again. This is only extreme though, and shouldn't be the case.

Hope this helps

it doesnt let me enter safe mode, the same thing happens!!! :(

edit: STUPID school computers, didnt load the rest of ur message.

Well, thanx for your advice, but i'm just goin to take it to the shop today. and suggest to the guyz what you told me because i dont want to lose my files, i just reformatted about 2 weeks ago and i got everything i wanted.

Hmmm...i have a second hdd in my computer, should i instal Xp on that one???? i dunt even know what i'm talkin about, still wiping my tears away, and puttin ice on my hand from writing a 5 page essay out.

lol... don't worry. You shouldn't have to take it to be fixed. You'll get charged!

Has that other disc got data on it?...I thought you'd be able to grab data off it before installing Windows, but it'd probably format this drive before doing so....and so you'd have another problem. But if you can, and windows is on it, go to the next step...

Then put this as Master and boot up from it with the other hard drive as a Slave. Grab data files off the slave that won't boot, and then reformat this drive again, installing Windows

Much simpler than getting charged about 30-50 quid for something you can do yourself. If you need help, thats what were here for :)

This time don't install the acceleration for your motherboard ;) Hopefully you'd of learnt from your mistake lol

I know its a bit of a hassle backing up the other drive to when you install windows on it, but I'm not sure if Windows won't format whats on it first... the worse that will happen is you'll have your data backed up from both drives, but you'll have two blank drives you need to set up again :p....so.....not bad eh? :p

EDIT: If that drive has data on it though that you cant lose either, and you cant get windows on it in that case, it might be best to get technicians to install a drive with windows already on it to grab data off the slave drive. I'm sure this would work... I would do it for you for free if i could :p I'm nice like that

Hope this helps

Kage your f****** AWESOME! lol

Well, my other hdd was empty and i just installed XP on it, and its running perfect, soon, i'll hook up my other hardrive as a slave and trasfer my data just like you said.

And i so didnt want to pay no technician! my dad was buggin me that i couldnt fix it and let a professional, but i told him, there's a way, and i learn from my mistakes. Because i know all this reformating and installin and fixing stuff but i can't diagnose computers for crap. So i would just ask the technician wat was wrong and be on my way, lol

Well, thanx kage once again for saving my butt, and i'm pretty proud of myself becuase i didnt even read your last reply before i started thinking how i can fix it :p

Thanx again

EDIT: WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! I'M A MEMBER NOW!! YAY FOR ME

Well done! :D and thanks :)

yeah, you should be able to drag your data off, since it'll prob be the boot sector that is damaged and not the drive, so transferring should be pretty easy.

Good luck with it :)

oh uh, i celebrated too quick...when i hook up my hdd as a slave, i get a "Disc Read Error" or sumting like that, then it says to hit ctrl+alt+del to restart

You don't say if you are running XP but here is the usual fix for a problem like that.
How to do a system repair.--Boot from the xp cd and go past the recovery console to the install menu. Select repair the existing installation. You won't lose any data except the xp updates. Unless you have a slipstream sp1 cd you will have to d/l sp1 and all subsequent updates. You MUST have at least SP1 installed and the updates for security reasons. Be sure the firewall and A/V is active before going online as you will be susceptible to sasser and msblaster. If you don't want SP2 go to autopatcher.com and d/l SP1 and subsequent updates.

Back
Top Bottom