Looking for a special computer

File_Master

Beta member
I need a small computer that is fan-free and is very low maintenance for use as terminal stations at a hardware store. They can be very low performance. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Thank you much

Any reason why it has to be fanless? Every computer now, even relativly old ones have fans.

If it was super super super quiet and couldn't be heard at all but still used fans, would that be alright?

well whats your budget? silence usually comes at a price, since heat dissipation is very important. usually silent coolers are more expensive. of course one fan wont make alot of noise, especially 12mm ones.

I'd expect File_Master wouldn't want a good PC either, since I wouldn't expect it'd be doing anything that superier. So a silent PC with low specs might be a possibility. I'm sure even an old Pentium 2/3 model would do you if you could get hold of one. It'd be cheap for one thing.

a lot of gateways and dells are really quiet, you could pick up a used one for a couple hundered bucks. you won't find one that is completely fanless since you have to have a fan on the cpu and there will be 1 or 2 on the power supply as well.

edit: of course an old pentium 1 machine I have only has a heatsink on the cpu, you could pick one of those up for dirt cheap...but still will have a fan on the psu.

Completely fanless...I don't think there is one. I don't think there is a power supply made nowadays that doesn't use a fan. But an old gateway 633 (small foot print) would be about the closet thing I can think of right now. Only fan is power supply. You could look around to build one with a baby form factor and a low MHZ cpu and.

yeah, those new macs that are like portable things... lol. but yeah, every comp needs a fan.. even the liquid cooled ones, although that reduces the sound by a lot...

well they do make fanless pcs. tnn500af is a fanless case adn u could get a fanless psu cuz they make those.

Back
Top Bottom