Preventing Static Electricity

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
What is the best way to prevent shocking the parts and destroying them when I do eventually build my computer? (This should be soon). Its the first computer I'm building and to shock and destroy my parts would probally be a heartbreaker.. heh.

This is a rather simple thing to do:

Buy an AntiStatic bracelet.
You should be able to get them from most computer shops and these will protect you.
Some earth you by having a wire going to the floor, while some plug into a plug socket (These would probably be better if you are near one)

This type of proection would competly protect you from shocks to protect those precious computer parts :)

Hope this helps...oh and welcome to the forums :D

This doesn't completly stop the chances of it happening though, especailly if you are on a carpet where static builds up very fast.

I wish I could of got hold of a antistatic bracelet when i built this machine, but I did just touch a radiator every few mins, which was earthed, though I wouldnt suggest other people to do this just in case it doesn't work for very long...

That is the exact bracelet that I have. You just put it around your wrist and then the other part clips on to your case. Basically the same thing as touching the case every so often. Just makes it so you dont have too. Also make sure you use non magnetized tools.

Back
Top Bottom