Web pages blinking

angel123

Baseband Member
Im using Windows 98. When my webpage changes, or i press a web page, it starts to blink for about 6 seconds and then stops. This happens to all webpages. Also, When i highlight with my cursor it blinks also then stops.

It sounds like to me, its refreshing loads and loads everytime you click something. A way of testing this would be to load a webpage with a timer on it (not sure where) and see if it moves up as it refreshes.
(Sounds quite good for Ebay :p)

Its a weird problem, and I'd have no idea of how to fix it, though it seems like its doing that.

I guess you are using Internet Explorer though? Its not a fix, more a turn around for you. Download Firefox which is better than Internet Explorer. Many people are switching, and is becoming popular now.
It is safer, more secure from spyware, and can be faster too. It offers advanced features, and...wait for it...wait for it...it allows you to import all your saved pages and history from Internet Explorer. Find it here:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

You will never turn back, honestly :p

Hope this helps...or enlightens you...one of the two

Kage knows his stuff, get FireFox :)

i am using it now its faster the IE at loading website (i have tested it) and there will be no more Spyware and Viruses geting through and running :)

Thats good :)

Have you tried this on it though the tabbed feature? Takes getting used to at first but you soon enjoy it. Go to Tools, Options, and then from here, to Advanced.

Under tabbed browsing, take off the tick box saying 'Hide the tab bar when only one website is open'. This will allow you to right click where the first tab is, and go to New Tab to make a new one in the same window, and won't close down if only one is open. A very handy feature! :D

i love thw tabs they are excellent saves me space in the task bar ... the toolbar links are useful as well

Back
Top Bottom