MS and Apple Joining Forces ?

Re: MS and Apple Joining Forces ? Poll!

brn said:
No... Microsoft's GUI is not the best... I just like Mac better because of its GUI:the dock at the bottom, the taskbar at the top, and such. I think you can be more productive in that set up.
I like the "whiteness" of Mac. Mac, in my opinion, is more sleek, smooth and stylish than the Windows GUI.

Mac's other features like system-wide spell checking, built-in voice recognition (You have to buy software for Win), and other neat bells and whistles make Mac a "computer explorers" dream.

Sometimes I wish you could multi-boot Windows and
Mac...
BTW... Microsoft has no plans to buy Apple...
~BRN
(I guess I'm an elipsess freak!...)

WinXP does have voice recognition built in.

Don't mention it.

I just feel the consumer should be well informed. That MP3 player with the color screen looks very cool I think..

One thing I have to say, is I strive for perfection. Its just the way I am and can't be happy with anything for very long :( My work has to be competly up to scratch for instance.

With the way I am, I can say that I have never liked MAC's as they are not perfect. The computers are built by Apple, for Apple with hardly any room for modification by the stylists.

PC's are the way to go if ypu like customising. and for me, that is important for someone such as me.

Microsoft has never given me much of a problem, and so it hits my perfectionist tastebuds rather well. Windows is a clean system. GUI is not exactly exciting but viewable. Things are easy to get to, and with the programs and functions available, it is very stable too.

To note, I have never liked the MAC OS in terms of structure, though I do like the way it looks... but maybe not exactly something I'd want in Windows or anything like it. I'd like something different.
I even hate MAC's down to the simple 1 mouse button...what is all that about?

To end though, if Microsoft joined Apple, things would get much more interesting I'd have to tell you. I have not really had use of Apple Proucts that much, but Microsoft programs I know about. As such that i tihnk there are many free alternatives that offer better support and functionality than Windows programs in all respects.

Internet Explorer : Firefox
Microsoft Outlook Express : Thunderbird
Microsoft Office : OpenOffice (Though I tend to use Microsoft Word, etc, still as it is rather functional)

The new Mictrosoft OS needs more views, but I'd love it to stay functional, unlike Apples with a bad menu structure.

In terms of Apples GUI a bit more. I haven't really liked the bar at the bottom as navigating programs, though it has its purposes. I would much rather go to My Computer and to the taskbar like in Windows.

So yeah, in all respects, it'd be a change as they'd be able to put both into one, though this would competly stop competition which is bad for the market as it stands, though in others would be quite good.

Same thing with Microsoft, Sega, Nintendo, and Sony joining up. They'd be no competition and so not os many consoles would come out, the styles of games would be intertwined, and all of the games would support the one machine (Another good thing). Technological advancements would probably also be inserted into that one machine rather than having to buy a new one as time goes by.

Sorry if you decided to read all this :p but i just wanted to say something really. I do mean well with all these comments. I'm sure I also had some more things to say, though I've lost them at the moment...

Giancarlo said:
You need to mature. Microsoft is the best company out there and has done by far the most innovative work. You managed to get one thread locked, and I hope you don't do it to this one.

Microsoft steal ideas from other excellent OS maybe thats why i don't like them.

It annoys me when Mac users go on and on as if Apple is the only company who could possibly have a idea.

And that other companys "Steal" ideas.

I have some shocking news for you, there where MP3 players before the iPod, I know I know, you must be gutted, bu.. whats that? Apple used a hard drive? Was done. What? you mean they used white acrylic! Oh my god! Its innovation! Inprovement on an existing idea is still innovation.

Hey did you know 70% of mac users dont even open the mice that come with their Mac? They must me so advanced we cant even recognise them, no wait, apprenly they're just useless.

Steve Jobs makes computers, "Computers have keyboards". Good luck in 50 years time, we'll proberly have forgotton what they are by then.

Yeah I do get your frustration, but when you say 'It annoys me when Mac users go on and on as if Apple is the only company who could possibly have a idea' and then start competly going against them, saying there totally rubbish is not a good way to go.
Yes they have ideas, some good ones, some bad ones, just like Windows has some flaws here and there.
Going against them like that won't make things any better, if you hate them or not. I don't exactly like Apple...actually, i dispise Apple... but thats not the point. The point is, this is your view, and won't help other people attacking.
...I also don't get the mouse though...1 button?...

Hehe, my college is giving away a free IPOD Mini if you signed this form for an open day, like a competition. When the woman there said that to me, i went "Oh dear...you think thats going to make me sign it?" and walked off lol. It was pretty long anyway and I couldn't be bothered. I'd of sold it.

Delta said:
It annoys me when Mac users go on and on as if Apple is the only company who could possibly have a idea.

And that other companys "Steal" ideas.

I have some shocking news for you, there where MP3 players before the iPod, I know I know, you must be gutted, bu.. whats that? Apple used a hard drive? Was done. What? you mean they used white acrylic! Oh my god! Its innovation! Inprovement on an existing idea is still innovation.

Hey did you know 70% of mac users dont even open the mice that come with their Mac? They must me so advanced we cant even recognise them, no wait, apprenly they're just useless.

Steve Jobs makes computers, "Computers have keyboards". Good luck in 50 years time, we'll proberly have forgotton what they are by then.

if you bothered to do your research i am not a Mac user i am a Windows user!!!

Make up your mind buddy, yesterday you where a Mac user, today your not? In any case.

My point wasnt to attack it, but to point a few things out, I did try to do it in a slighty exacturated way. 70% of Mac entusasts dont use the 1 button mouse. And the much prased iPod isnt all that diffrent from previous players.

Back
Top Bottom