Boot Up Problems

Josh728911

Baseband Member
When i turn on my computer the monitor, keyboard,and mouse don't work. All the fans turn including the cpu fan and the power and ide lights work. The dvd-rom drive runs and the usb lan adapter works.

A couple of days ago i started to install a new hard drive but when i turned it on this happened and i pulled it out and restored all the wires to their places but it still doesnt work.

Any tips would be helpful

----------------------------------------------------------------------

80 GB HD
ECS socket 754 motherboard
2x 512 HyperX RAM
DVD-RoM
Radeon 9550 graphics card
400W power supply

Somethings definetly been unplugged. Try and put wires in more or something to see if its a connection problem. Check for instance Power connections going from the Power supply to the motherboard. A 12v one for instance when unplugged would still spin up stuff, but the computer wouldn't boot.

Then try and place the drive back without doing anything to the PC too. You should be able to without pulling out anything. Just make sure cables are easy to get to.

Hope this helps

sometomes motherboards hold a bit of electrical charge and wont boot anything until it has been discharged, but it will put power to everything i have had this problem myself.
unplug the main power cable from the motherboard leave for a couple of mins then plug back in. sometimes the fans will give a quick spin releasing the charge(.so dont jump back )but make sure main power cable at the rear of computer is unplugged before you do this i dont want you to blow the mobo
it may be a long shot but hey when in trouble anythings worth a try

You may have lost the 5 volt rail on the psu. Is it possible you tried to connect the hard drive while the machine was running or tried to plug it in backwards?

Back
Top Bottom