oppinion

zachisbakk

Solid State Member
i need someone to tell me something, ok so im learning c but all my friends say its bad cause c is/ will be outdated is this true?

Well C++ is a more advanced version of C. So if you learn C then move to C++ it will be a breeze. I wouldn't worry about it.

c is faster than c++. not that you'll notice much of a difference if any at all...

Nah C is good but if you have trouble learning C at first try something like Python for starters. It's just the cut down version of C.

python is not a cut down version of c. its very different. it has object oriented lang. and functional lang. features.

Personally, I hate C.

It's clumsy, horrible and has hardly any features compared to C++ which is still being updated even to this day. It doesn't support OO programming at all, unlike C++.

And learning C will mean you have to unlearn it if you plan to learn C++. And it has an absolutely terrible, crap syntax. For these very reasons, I gave up C and started on C++. I haven't looked back AT ALL.

It's 30 years old also, it was developed to use on the first UNIX based systems I believe.

The reason C does not suport object orientated programming is perhaps because there are no objects?... only variables.

I find the syntax quite easy to use, but I guess it's a personal preference thing

personally I don't find it clumsy at all, I think you'd probably find it was more the fault of your IDE... if you use a decent IDE that structures the program well for you then it makes it a lot easier...

C wont be going away any time soon...

I use it for making console apps (in windows, Linux and UNIX) and use it for device programing. (IE programming microcontrolers).

these are things that you really can't do all that well in C++ In some cases (even if the functionality is there in c++ and c) C++ is overkill...

Is c++ the best program for make the code to game or is their others that game makers use out there?

Whats the best language for GUI programming. C# or VB. Also C# or C++. I'm learning C++ now and I was wondering if I should continue or move onto C#.

Back
Top Bottom