Hacking

yeah but again theres loads of types of hacking and credit card theft and that usualy comes under cracking not hacking thing about this topic is it will go on forever because no one will be satisfied what the wortd or what hacking is because everyone will have different opinions and its one of those topics i like to hear becasue everyone has their own opinion .

if you break get access to a corporate LAN and break into the networks server and download their database of credit card numbers i consider that a hack. if you just break a password i consider that a crack.

What if the LAN just requires you "cracking" the root password before you can steal the credit card numbers? It's still a hack?

Why does everyone think money is the motivation of hackers. It's not, it's script kiddies that want credit card numbers. And they aren't going to compramize a VPN that some corperation owns.

Note: a corperation won't have a LAN. They'll have a VPN.

RewtGuy said:
What if the LAN just requires you "cracking" the root password before you can steal the credit card numbers? It's still a hack?

Why does everyone think money is the motivation of hackers. It's not, it's script kiddies that want credit card numbers. And they aren't going to compramize a VPN that some corperation owns.

Note: a corperation won't have a LAN. They'll have a VPN.

Money is a huge motivation, you must not know how the real world works. And im pretty sure that corporations use LANs....especialy being that every corp i have worked for has one, who taught you wrong?

"Why does everyone think money is the motivation of hackers"
thats very well said i hack and learn about computers and how they work because i love computers and how they work ive left a hacking clan because they were getting into cracking for money and shit fuck that im going to become a cracker for money im a hacker not cracker

does anyone know how to get past websense. we used a proxy to bypass the firewall before but i can't seem to find a proxy or another way around

my bad i don't think it is web sense. it seems to be a local firewall. here is the message i get can anyone help.
Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
IP Address: 153.29.60.101
Date: 5/13/2005 9:53:49 PM
Server: maab-isa-n.maab.centaf.ds.af.mil
Source: proxy

Back
Top Bottom