Sound problem

can't see images.
<edit> never mind.

try end task/ processes and see if there is any program that uses sound running.

nope, none.

I decided to check my device manager, and I realised something. It said the drivers for my multimedia audio controller, I right clicked it and told it to install the driver, it failed to find any drivers to install on it.

So I tried to look for the drivers myself on intels site I could not find it. I have a Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1] PCI audio controller. If someone could find a link for the driverrs for this and post it i'd appreciate it.

When you decide to reformat and reinstall the OS you should have the MOBO drivers handy to install right after installing the operating system. Did you download "everest" as I requested ? Is that what it found...AC97.. Then go to
http://www.driversguide.com
and register and look up audio codecs for AC97 (MU401 compatable) Now since you are registered there and you need drivers....

there is a disc that came with my computer, that says it will install all the drivers that came with the computer. Obviosuly i had the sound drivers when i got the computer, but when I reformatted my HD it just didn't put them on, I even checked the cd for the specifc drivers, they weren't on there. Thx again lurks.

lurkswithin I can't find the driver I need at that site. I've been looking for almost an hour now. If you would be so kind as to find the driver for me, and post the link up to the download of the driver i'd appreciate it, and if you do, i'll send you 2x as many chocolate chip cookies!

Did you auto start the disc? Sometimes the drivers are all wrapped up in a self executable file and will install all at one time when you insert the disc..what happens? does it not do anything or does it auto start and if so what does it say on the disc?

the disc says drivers, for distribution with a new gateway computer. then in small text it says this CD will restore all the original drivers installed on your computer.

It auto starts, I checked the CD for anything that could possibly be the drivers i needed.

did you install the mobo drivers if you did your sound drivers should have been installed also unless you have an add on sound card in which case you will need to name/locate/download/install them yourself.
Did you go to drivers guide and try to find the drivers there?

lurkswithin said:
did you install the mobo drivers if you did your sound drivers should have been installed also unless you have an add on sound card in which case you will need to name/locate/download/install them yourself.
Did you go to drivers guide and try to find the drivers there?

Yes I did, tried downloading anything that had to do with my sound card, but even that didn't work. I called up Intel and after a grueling 45 minutes on the phone a represenative said, "Oh, I know the problem. Download this." Then she gave me the url to the drivers i needed to download. That was after 15 minutes of waiting and 30 minutes of her rambling. But I got it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom