Longhorn might kick Apple in the Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
More time of mine...

(BTW people, if you are wondering I have taken a break from debates in the social longue, not here).

Tom Hancocks said:
That was while Steve Jobs was not at Apple, so you can not go and blame Steve for it.

Mac OS has consistently become worse and worse with time. It is very unstable today when compared to say Windows 2000.

Anyway NeXTSTEP became highly regarded for research, and even the US Government bought a load, though I have no idea what they used it for. NeXTSTEP was fast to develop for though as the programming enviroment that used Objective-C had a lot of the stuff pre done, provided the system was already using, so all you need to do is fit it to you program. Eventually NeXTSTEP was made able to run on all the major platforms except Mac. Anyway Apple bought NeXT Computer/Software and Steve Jobs returned to Apple.

You simply could be making all this up. First off the US Government doesn't use NeXTSTEP. First off, you need to understand what you are talking about. The US government doesn't do business with Apple or NeXTSTEP, or anything related to Steve Jobs. I know this because I just got off the phone with my dad who works for the US Government. Depending on what level, they use IBM computers. They also use Microsoft Server 2003 from what I understood. But I'll double check that.

The fact that there are not as many Games on the Mac is a weak argument. Most Mac Users are professionals, and then for those that are in to playing games, just need to know where to look. http://www.macgold.co.uk/ is a site that only does Mac Games. Yeah they come out slightly later, but so what? We get them once all those bugs have been fixed, or at least the major ones, and new stuff has been added. We also get a lot of shareware and freeware games. A fair amount of Windows users look only as far as the shop shelves when it comes to the Mac., so they never see what we actually have got.

Most mac users are professionals? No they aren't. They are people who are considered elitist. You can find more professionals using PCs. So that argument is void. There are so few games for Mac it is ridiculous. So very few. In fact some games aren't ever compatible with Mac.. it is because of the measling 2% market share. Game makers know that the Mac market just isn't worth the time. We get way more shareware and freeware games. Some two hundreds times more then you do. Face it, we have thousands more times of software then you.

If Apple is so crap and bordering on the edge of going under, then how can they be selling around 75,000 iPods and Month and be the leading brand name? I'm sorry but that just doesn't add up for me. Apple's Share Price is 37.24 and up or it was when i checked it, Microsoft is 25 and was down when i checked it.

Share prices are not indicative of how a company is actually doing. You should know that... oh wait.. maybe you don't. Maybe you are one of those people who think stock prices are indicative of something. They really aren't. They are selling less and less Ipods, as a true competitor shows its face... the Creative Zen. The Creative Zen has higher quality sound and doesn't require a lousy conversion method like the iPOD.

But all this boils down to 1 thing every user has different needs. For some things Windows will cater for it better than the Mac, such as games. For other's such as Graphics Design, the Mac caters for better than windows. Fact of life, nothing is perfect. There are parts of the Mac that could be dropped and people would not miss them, and the same goes for windows.

The graphic design claim is no longer true. First off, the advantage the Mac once held in photoshop has completely disappeared. If you want something that works with business applications, multi-tasking, gaming, and audio the PC (AMD/Intel based) wins out. That seems like a bigger lead to me.

and there are things that my Mac can do that windows won't do.

START NAMING THEM! Ah yes.. there is nothing mac can do that windows can't. Windows can do anything Mac can... and more!

A I'm willing to guess that half you looked at the MAc couldn't figure out how to use it within 5 minutes because its different, it was developed in a different way, and just dismissed it.

Nah. I used it quite a bit. Some genius in my university thought it would be smart to waste money on G4 and G5s for some parts of the campus. Luckily someone has brains to urge the buying of PC based AMD 64 machines which have just showed their face. But I have been stuck using a G4 and G5 before at my campus. All I can say it is unstable and has a sloppy interface.

The only people who can genuinely say the Mac is crap are those who use it a lot currently because they need to for what ever reason, otherwise your basing your opinions on old problems in the system. I have used windows almost every week for the past 6 years, and i have used the Mac almost everyday for the past 10 years. I know the advantages and disadvantages of both platforms, so i use both accordingly. Perhaps you should all try that at some point, and not just look at it for 5 minutes and dismiss it as crap and never use it, or i will start doing that with windows.

What about you saying that Microsoft is crap? Apparently you have next to nothing when it comes to evidence. I have used both too. And I can say for a fact that Windows is far better then the Mac OS. I have tried, so don't try to discredit me.

Just look at the crap you are typing and please think about what you type before hit submit. You got overruled once for speaking nonsense and you will get overruled again.

Giancarlo said:
We really called that guy up... dished out some facts and he seems to have disappeared. LOL. Some people can't face the reality.

Yes there is no such thing as a perfect OS, as there is no such thing as a perfect human being. But I have to call people up when they call Windows XP/2000 crap and then boast about their Mac Copyright Violation Tiger operating system.

This was simply a discussion. I did not attack the person, I attacked awful things he posted.

Tom has better things to be doing then keep fighting you ... he only came on to show you Apple is better and i agree with him ... he did a good job their!

OS 7 was released in the early 90's, so it being black and white at the time was nothing major.

Why did you just shoot him down entirely?

OS 7 could handle millions of colors, as could OS 6.

Or you could use Exposé if you have 10.3 plus.

IMO, expose was an eye-candy soulution to a long running problem for MacOS, and it was still more hassel than using windows. Sure I could use alt tab, but it gets long winded at times, a flick of the wrist gets me around my windows precisely and thats the way I like it.

Tom has better things to be doing then keep fighting you ... he only came on to show you Apple is better and i agree with him ... he did a good job their!

Introducing the new iView, Rose tinted glasses for deluded elitist fanboys.

Technoman, crawl back in to your Apple shrine, nobody can have a discussion with fanboy like you.

Macs are more expensive. - Lost
Macs users have less choice. - Lost
Macs are less compatable. - Lost

I cant be assed with a full listing, i have alot to do today. If your prefer Mac's that your own preference, but dont dare claim they are outright better. Thats just being a fanboy.

EDIT: Forgot an inportant one

Mac proformance - Lost

EDIT 2: Just noticed the wink, sorry :p

first of all you W**ker i am not FAT

secondly who changed my post off CAPS

THIS THREAD SHOULD NOW BE STOPPED

one more thing why do you think i am fat ... i am not!!!

APPLE WIN ... LONG LIVE APPLE .... now where was my Apple shrine ... o yeah it doesn't crash one me :)

ok both fo you have got to stop argueing over such a topic, this is why people do the following:
Leave CF
Come to CF post 1 question and then leave
Sit back and flame seeing as it looks encouraged here
K you guys have to stop now its completely ridiculous to be argueing over this.
David Please lock this.

technoman said:
don't worry he has stopped now, :) Apple WIN

Fanning the flames, are we? That's a rash statement imho.

I agree somebody should lock this, it's this sort of thing that brings forums into disrepute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom