Weapon Prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
connchri said:
What about my quote from my sources? Just because you study the subject (God, you must study about everything the ammount of times I've read this). You are not doing Military science. I'm guessing Physics is a far closer subject to a Laser weapon then Political science. Guess what, thats what I'm studying, a MSc Hons Physics degree.

OMG. You are just not talking about the facts again. Laser weapon... what laser weapon? How about you read your own sources for a change? I'm a military expert.

Studying doesn't automatically make you knowledgable about everything, relise this, then you grow up. And yes, I do class you as being Pwned, as there is now no reason for you to continue arguing. I was correct, this Laser weapon is possible and physically exists. I have posted proof of that. You are too closed minded to acknolege it, and you have not posted anything to suggest other wise (this sounds so familer, could it be DeJaVu?)

You must grow up because you rely on emotional fallacies all the time. It is just angering. I don't get owned. You can't own me in anything. The laser weapon is not a weapon, it is a tracking system (even your own source says this). Additionally, I'm classing you as PWNED because you don't know much about the military and your sources are biased. Case closed.

On the whole the US is a better Military, shame that the Chinese has a better tank now though. Oh, and brittish troops are far more disiplined. Have you ever been to an army barracks with Brittish and American troops?

Your navel vessels also rely far too much on electronics. During a training excersise involving the emulation of power failure on a british ship and an American one, the Brittish started firing shells after only 3 minutes, took the Americans more that 10!

Too much reliance on technology can pose just as much a risk. I think that out of most of the Military, the US only really excels in one area, Space technology. Shame the Brittish help develope and use the system too. Along with the French, Canadians and the Austrialians.

You are the Too Pro- American one here.

I am in no way saying it isn't a great country, It is by far currently the best. However, It is you who is the diluded one on this part.

Away you go as you said, nobody wants you here.

Here's an extract (been posted up a few times now) from "My sources"

erhaps the most interesting characteristic of the Type 98 is the addition of what appears to be a previously unknown active self-defense system. Unlike contemporary Russian active tank self-defense systems like Drozd, Drozd-2, and Arena, which launch projectiles to disable or "shoot-down" incoming anti-tank missiles and projectiles, the Chinese system apparently uses a high-powered laser to directly attack the enemy weapon's optics and gunner. The system includes what appears to be a laser warning receiver (LWR - the dome-shaped device on the turret roof behind the commander's position), that warns the crew that their tank is being illuminated by an enemy range-finding or weapon-guidance laser. The turret of the tank can then be traversed to face the direction of the enemy threat, and the laser self-defense weapon (LSDW - the box-shaped device on the turret roof behind the gunner's position), can be employed against the source of the enemy laser.

What do you think it means? can't you understand it?

Tell me, have you ever even been in the miltary? how are you a military expert? what training, and also, does that include every internation military?

connchri said:
On the whole the US is a better Military, shame that the Chinese has a better tank now though. Oh, and brittish troops are far more disiplined. Have you ever been to an army barracks with Brittish and American troops?

Again illogical emotional reasoning. How do the Chinese have a better tank because the M1 Abrams is better? The M1 Abrams is basically equipped with better tracking systems and everything. Also British troops are more disciplined? Tell the Kenyans that. And that was recent. You guys were there conducting training exercises, and it turns out your troops ended up raping thousands.

Your navel vessels also rely far too much on electronics. During a training excersise involving the emulation of power failure on a british ship and an American one, the Brittish started firing shells after only 3 minutes, took the Americans more that 10!

Ya didn't british nuclear subs fail off the coast of Spain some time ago?

Too much reliance on technology can pose just as much a risk. I think that out of most of the Military, the US only really excels in one area, Space technology. Shame the Brittish help develope and use the system too. Along with the French, Canadians and the Austrialians.

The US excells basically in everything. Too bad the British can't really keep up with their aging aircraft carriers.

Giancarlo said:
More emotional ad hominems... nice one. That really helps your case.

stfu, you said that i was racist, there is no way i am going to allow you to do that...

Giancarlo said:
The US excells basically in everything. Too bad the British can't really keep up with their aging aircraft carriers.

the british navy is one of the best in the world. and their aircraft carriers are in excellent condition. i was on ark royal last year at the relaunch of the sea cadet movment, stationed on the ship while the meetings were taking place, and it is in excellent condition.

and theres a new generation of aircraft carriers coming out in 2015 anyway, so their being upgraded pretty soon...

Giancarlo said:
Again illogical emotional reasoning. How do the Chinese have a better tank because the M1 Abrams is better? The M1 Abrams is basically equipped with better tracking systems and everything. Also British troops are more disciplined? Tell the Kenyans that. And that was recent. You guys were there conducting training exercises, and it turns out your troops ended up raping thousands.

Ya didn't british nuclear subs fail off the coast of Spain some time ago?

Aging Aircraft Carriers. Plural. God you are such an expert that you fail to relise that Britian only has ONE aircraft carrier. So, you are no expert. Quite funny that, coz that's what I thought.

As Aircraft go though, US still buys Jump Jets of us. Oh, and I was refering to the fact that in the Edinburgh Barracks I went on, during my 3 month introduction to the Army (I pulled out when I decided to get a degree 1st), the American troops couldn't navagate as well as the British without there GPS. We have it too, but we get trained to get along without it. Also, they couldn't do team work at all. Sure, these were only about 6 months in, but surely, I found it easy to get over a 12' wall.

The British sub, I think you should know that it was a Drill, and the reserve power did not kick in within the recomended time. Other than that, it did kick in a bit later than it should have, and it was west of the French/English cost I'll let you know. It's main power was fine.

As said earlier, I know Americas military is far superior, but not in all areas, this is what I'm trying to explain to you. You find that Idea Impossible. Add that to the reply of put downs on the British Military, and you are proved immature. I didn't have to back up the British Military, I know the US is better - On the whole.

Oh, yeah, I know about the British is upgrading too. It's in collaberation with france. All brand new stuff. I should also point out that on a whole the EU is rapidly catching up with the US military too. They have there own GPS system that is greatly more accurate than the US's. Shame to bring it to you Gain.

mark thorpe said:
the british navy is one of the best in the world. and their aircraft carriers are in excellent condition. i was on ark royal last year at the relaunch of the sea cadet movment, stationed on the ship while the meetings were taking place, and it is in excellent condition.

and theres a new generation of aircraft carriers coming out in 2015 anyway, so their being upgraded pretty soon...

http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/europe/uk.htm

Your navy is pretty small. I think.

connchri said:
Aging Aircraft Carriers. Plural. God you are such an expert that you fail to relise that Britian only has ONE aircraft carrier. So, you are no expert. Quite funny that, coz that's what I thought.

http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/europe/uk.htm

"Invincible class VSTOL carriers
Displacement: 20,600 tons full load
Dimensions: 210 x 36 x 8.8 meters (689 x 118 x 29 feet)
Propulsion: 4 TM3B gas turbines, 2 shafts, 94,000 shp, 28 knots
Crew: 1089
Aviation: full flight deck with ski jump, 2 elevators; 20 VSTOL and
helicopters (usually 8 Sea Harrier, 9 Sea King, 3 Sea King AEW)
Hangar: full length & width, 3 bays
Troops: 960 (short duration)
Radar: Type 1002 early warning, 1 Type 996 surface/air search
Sonar: Type 2016 hull
Fire Control: 2 Type 909 missile control
EW: UAF-1 intercept, 2 Type 675 jammers, 4 chaff, 1 Type 182 towed
Armament: 3 CIWS ( 20 mm Phalanx or 30 mm Goalkeeper)
Formerly known as "through deck cruisers", these are VSTOL carriers.
One ship is always in reserve or refit.

Number Name Year Homeport Notes
R05 Invincible 1980 Portsmouth
R06 Illustrious 1982 Portsmouth
R07 Ark Royal 1985 Portsmouth "

PWNED!

As said earlier, I know Americas military is far superior, but not in all areas, this is what I'm trying to explain to you. You find that Idea Impossible. Add that to the reply of put downs on the British Military, and you are proved immature. I didn't have to back up the British Military, I know the US is better - On the whole.

I do find the idea impossible. Because the US is substantially better.

They have there own GPS system that is greatly more accurate than the US's. Shame to bring it to you Gain.

Not really. :D Again something you don't back up. Like the one aircraft carrier notion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom