need help, overheating

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
oh man, i really need someone's help with this.

just lately i reformated my computer and got some upgrades, i added a 160 GB hardrive, and a sound card. but now my games started to lag when playing after like 2 mins. i once paused a game and walked away and when i came back it played perfect for like 20 seconds. After reading all bout overheating on CF, i downloaded "intel active monitor" and my processor zone temp alarms are going off like crazy. Right now it is at about 43 celsius, but when i play a game it goes up to 86, and if i have more than one user logged in it goes up to 80. But the rest of the computer stays cool, at about 27.

Now, the first thing i did was took off my heatsink to check out my processor and i noticed i have like none thermal paste on it, mayb just a little on one side but sooooo lil that i dunt even notice it. I dont know much about it. So is it possible that i didnt have any thermal paste on for about 3 years???? or does it just disapear? lol.

Please post your opinions, and if you have any questions i'll try to answer them...

Thanx!

My first thought is the cpu fan is not working correctly. I would replace it and use a good paste such as arctic silver.

yea, i heard about arctic silver.

it shows my system fan is at about 3,723 RPM

Oh! and my temp alert also goes off when i log in and it is loading, lol

*bump*
Can anyone answer my earlier questions???
"So is it possible that i didnt have any thermal paste on for about 3 years???? or does it just disapear? lol."

and, is the thermal paste the only problem? or can it be anything else?

actually, if ur fan is connected to ur motherbored, maby you could just try to turn up the fan speed...

what program should i use for that? because the intel active monitor doesnt have that option

hmm.......well then its probely just a 3-4 pin connecter thats connected to ur power supply, and in that case, you cant ajust the rpm speed of the fan, but you could MABY connect it to ur mobo, and fix it from there, but as far as im concerened i just made that up, cause i did, but it seem logical.......i suppose, but maby i just talk to much.......

Back
Top Bottom