Weapon Prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
connchri said:
How do you find this impossible? the technology is there? whats the problem with it?

This star wars stuff is hokey pokey. It is a bunch of nonsense. It isn't there. What I think is the Chinese will simply put a tracking system on it. And what good is a tank without adequate air cover? The chinese airforce is junk. It is made up of museum pieces.

Giancarlo said:
Argumentative and emotional. Kim Jong Il is a megalomaniac.

Yip, a reciepy for desaster, don't you think? many countries loyalties would be put to the test if the US had to intervine.

connchri said:
Yip, a reciepy for desaster, don't you think? many countries loyalties would be put to the test if the US had to intervine.

People have been saying this for years. Yet I think Kim Jong Il is not an idiot.. while he is a megalomaniac, he is no moron.

Giancarlo said:
This star wars stuff is hokey pokey. It is a bunch of nonsense. It isn't there. What I think is the Chinese will simply put a tracking system on it. And what good is a tank without adequate air cover? The chinese airforce is junk. It is made up of museum pieces.

Right, OK. It isn't hard to implement. Just like ECM, but with a little "take a bit of your own medicine" added to it. No-where near like starwars.

All we can do is sit back and watch the movie. Try to enjoy

And hope that somehow it doesn't throw us into WW3. I would really rather miss that.

Well, i know my guns so question me if you want, i would use the following wepons:

M4A1~SD=Silent fast, easy,quit
SP~10=Fast Trigger, quik.
M23~SD=Easy,quit
Model 18, auto,fast=bad for range and over shooting.
Desort eagle=Good and holds 7 bullets

M4A1 Only holds 30
Model 18 only holds 17
mark 23 only holds 12
MEO3=Fast and bad accuracy holds upto 100-200 bullets

connchri said:
Right, OK. It isn't hard to implement. Just like ECM, but with a little "take a bit of your own medicine" added to it. No-where near like starwars.

These tanks will be useless when the US airforce implements new bombers.

connchri said:
All we can do is sit back and watch the movie. Try to enjoy

And hope that somehow it doesn't throw us into WW3. I would really rather miss that.

You are very emotional and acting illogical. Please calm down.

Also avoid double posting.

I would avoid double posting, but since we are doing the equivilent of talking over each other, it's easier in that case to double post.

The US Airforce bombers, I never mentioned. You 1st said that the laser weapon didn't exist now you are saying (or emplying) that it does by saying the US bombers could wipe the floor with it. Make up your mind!

Instead of all this arguing over the "laser wepon" couldn't you just agree in the 1st place? Anyway, the bombers, as you said, are in the US airforce, not in any other Asian country. And they haven't been implemented yet have they? smart arse.

The topic of the forum, I would rather have one of these tanks than anything else, for the reasons mentioned - the Laser Weapon.

You could cause a war in an empty room!

why does every thread gain posts in end up in a flame war?????

gain, why do you ALWAYS disregard other people's sources? he provided a credible source, and you say its total bull shit. your the one thats being very emotional, you always flame people for stating their opinion, or for stating facts backed up with credible sources, this has happened to me on more than one occasion, and it looks like its happened to connchri here...

and the laser system is not a load of bs, they wouldnt have been able to make it and include it on a tank if it was a load of star wars stuff.

erhaps the most interesting characteristic of the Type 98 is the addition of what appears to be a previously unknown active self-defense system. Unlike contemporary Russian active tank self-defense systems like Drozd, Drozd-2, and Arena, which launch projectiles to disable or "shoot-down" incoming anti-tank missiles and projectiles, the Chinese system apparently uses a high-powered laser to directly attack the enemy weapon's optics and gunner. The system includes what appears to be a laser warning receiver (LWR - the dome-shaped device on the turret roof behind the commander's position), that warns the crew that their tank is being illuminated by an enemy range-finding or weapon-guidance laser. The turret of the tank can then be traversed to face the direction of the enemy threat, and the laser self-defense weapon (LSDW - the box-shaped device on the turret roof behind the gunner's position), can be employed against the source of the enemy laser.
read the website!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom