Weapon Prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apwashington_story.asp?category=1151&slug=US China

"WASHINGTON -- President Bush shared concerns with Chinese President Hu Jintao on Thursday about North Korea's nuclear weapons program and refusal to resume six-nation talks, a White House spokesman said.

By phone, the two leaders also discussed the recent visits to China by Taiwanese opposition leaders, said presidential press secretary Scott McClellan."

In fact we have close ties to the Chinese as it is. We have had since Deng Xiaoping. You also failed to mention that Ju Hintao.. the new incoming Chinese leader is more liberal then previous leaders. Our upcoming invasion of North Korea? That's rich. Really rich. :rolleyes:

Somebody tells me you need to get out of the 1950s and to leave the rhetoric behind. It'll help your argument. At least I'm not the one defending an old tank design based on the old T-55 chassis.

If you actually read that whole article, it says that USA and China are not happy with NKorea, but also that China is not too happy with Taiwan. USA is the reason why China does not have Taiwan, and that is the reason why China is not happy with them! Tell me, what do you think SKorea will do once they have proof that NKorea did stop there Nuclear Power stations for nuclear bomb fuel? I think the US will intervine a bit more, don't you think? China wants Taiwan, and if it wasn't for the US Fleet in the Tiawan straight, they would have invaded it by now.

Your tank? blah, read my previous post.

The US government actually told Taiwan to cool it as far as independence is concerned.

The South Korean Military is also something not to be dealt with. The Chinese know they are ages ahead of them.

Giancarlo said:
You are the one who can't look at your own sources. First off, the Type 98 is not a T-98. It is based on the T-72, which is inturned baseed on the ancient T-55 chassis.

I didn't insult myself either. I'm the one posting reputable sources.

Resembles a T-72 hull, read through and understand what else it says, and throughout the other article I postest. It's a NEW hull. It's nothing to do with the T-72. It resembles it, but guess what, the look of my old P2 400 rig resembled the look of my old 486, but still different. (AT to ATX) It's a new hull design.

I take it you are now aggreeing that the "Laser weapon" is now real and that China is infact modernising it military? Oh, and whats wrong with my sources?

connchri said:
Resembles a T-72 hull, read through and understand what else it says, and throughout the other article I postest. It's a NEW hull. It's nothing to do with the T-72. It resembles it, but guess what, the look of my old P2 400 rig resembled the look of my old 486, but still different. (AT to ATX) It's a new hull design.

I take it you are now aggreeing that the "Laser weapon" is now real and that China is infact modernising it military? Oh, and whats wrong with my sources?

You read through your own source. It is based on the design and it is a bad design. This isn't a new hull really. It basically takes the old one. There is no "laser weapon" as some want to put it. It is a tracking system that has existed for ages, even in Russia.

Also as far as North Korea is concerned, your suggestions the US would invade is very rich and laughable.

You need to take some courses I think. Both in military affairs and politics.

Giancarlo said:
The US government actually told Taiwan to cool it as far as independence is concerned.

The South Korean Military is also something not to be dealt with. The Chinese know they are ages ahead of them.

OMG! I never said anything about sorting out the SKoreans. I'm meaning them, being more democratic and ties to the US will be worried about the nuclear weapons being stockpiled in NKorea, and will probably end up asking for the US to step in. Why would NKorea stockpile Nukes for no reason? I personally think they hope to regain SKorea again!

connchri said:
OMG! I never said anything about sorting out the SKoreans. I'm meaning them, being more democratic and ties to the US will be worried about the nuclear weapons being stockpiled in NKorea, and will probably end up asking for the US to step in. Why would NKorea stockpile Nukes for no reason? I personally think they hope to regain SKorea again!

The US already has strong ties with the Chinese. Face it dude. We are helping them with their economy and we are giving them the boom. We are investing in their country. They would not attack us or Taiwan. It is against their interests.

North Korea won't last much longer based on how much it spends on its military. Some 65% of its GDP.

Giancarlo said:
You read through your own source. It is based on the design and it is a bad design. This isn't a new hull really. It basically takes the old one. There is no "laser weapon" as some want to put it. It is a tracking system that has existed for ages, even in Russia.

Also as far as North Korea is concerned, your suggestions the US would invade is very rich and laughable.

You need to take some courses I think. Both in military affairs and politics.

What do you think this means??-

"While the engagement procedure of the Type 98's self-defense laser is unknown, published reports concerning similar weapons describe a procedure where the laser weapon would first use a low-powered beam to locate the optics of the enemy weapon. Once the enemy weapon was located, the power level of the laser would be immediately and dramatically increased. Such an attack would disable the guidance optics of the enemy weapon and/or damage the eyesight of the enemy gunner."

connchri said:
What do you think this means??-

"While the engagement procedure of the Type 98's self-defense laser is unknown, published reports concerning similar weapons describe a procedure where the laser weapon would first use a low-powered beam to locate the optics of the enemy weapon. Once the enemy weapon was located, the power level of the laser would be immediately and dramatically increased. Such an attack would disable the guidance optics of the enemy weapon and/or damage the eyesight of the enemy gunner."

This I think is total bullshit. I'm sorry. We aren't living in James Bond 007 world here.

Giancarlo said:
The US already has strong ties with the Chinese. Face it dude. We are helping them with their economy and we are giving them the boom. We are investing in their country. They would not attack us or Taiwan. It is against their interests.

North Korea won't last much longer based on how much it spends on its military. Some 65% of its GDP.

Doesn't stop the NKoreans from causing mehem though, does it. If there countries economy does collapse, what have they go to loose in a war? And if they were not planning anything, why the 65% GDP being spent on military?

connchri said:
Doesn't stop the NKoreans from causing mehem though, does it. If there countries economy does collapse, what have they go to loose in a war? And if they were not planning anything, why the 65% GDP being spent on military?

Argumentative and emotional. Kim Jong Il is a megalomaniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom