Weapon Prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nosedive.jpg

NoRoad1.jpg

:D

Look at the "cool photos" thread I posted some new ones in there the other day...

Gian, they have developed a new Battle tank. They have bought Russian technology, and have improved on it. I don't know if you have studied this yet, but China is, due to the "Rising amount of US and other Western Powers (mainly UK) use of military" have dramatically increased the ammount of spending on their defence. Also, people over in Briton are now getting paid by Chinese companies for there own scrap metal. i.e. We don't need to pay to scrap vehicles by most scrappers now - we get paid for it.

Oh, the reason for China's armement is actually due to the Tiwan straight situation and fear of America's upcomming invasion of North Korea. Why do you think the USA is taking its time to deal with NKorea? To China, North Korea is like a "Buffer" for any invasion into China.

I have had a conversation with the Chinese students in my halls about this, They think the same - even from a Chinese point of view. China's economy is booming. They do have resources, they have the population, they have the cheap labour, the massive amount of military spending, and they have the technology. And guess what, they don't exactly like the West.

Here's a link with info regarding the new Chinese tank.

Start of the article
http://www.china-defense.com/armor/type98/type98_1.html

Bit regarding the "Laser Weapon"
http://www.china-defense.com/armor/type98/type98_3.html

Conni your mistake is you fail to recognize this is a T-72. Something the M-1 Abrams for example takes out as target practice. The T-72 is not a good tank. Don't try to insult me as a person. And don't try to tell me I don't know what is going on. They do not have the technological resources to ever have their military up-to-date. That's why their Navy for example is so shoddy. That laser isn't anything new either. That's already on Western Tanks. It is a simple tracking system, that's all.

And we are going to invade China? Or North Korea? what are you on? The military spending China does is also next to nothing compared to that of the US. They usually patch their military up with gum... or at least close to that. Their submarines are in such bad shape it is looking worse then the Russians.

You should also look at their airforce! WHAT GOOD IS A TANK WITHOUT AIR COVER! You should look at what we have! We have precision bombers that make T-72s hunks of fried metal (Iraq and Saddam's military). In China, they have a bunch of useless MiG-17s, MiG-19s and MiG-21s in service. Those jets are worthless against the F-16 or F-15 for example.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apwashington_story.asp?category=1151&slug=US China

"WASHINGTON -- President Bush shared concerns with Chinese President Hu Jintao on Thursday about North Korea's nuclear weapons program and refusal to resume six-nation talks, a White House spokesman said.

By phone, the two leaders also discussed the recent visits to China by Taiwanese opposition leaders, said presidential press secretary Scott McClellan."

In fact we have close ties to the Chinese as it is. We have had since Deng Xiaoping. You also failed to mention that Ju Hintao.. the new incoming Chinese leader is more liberal then previous leaders. Our upcoming invasion of North Korea? That's rich. Really rich. :rolleyes:

Somebody tells me you need to get out of the 1950s and to leave the rhetoric behind. It'll help your argument. At least I'm not the one defending an old tank design based on the old T-55 chassis.

did you actually read his sources? that tank looks pretty good to me...

Perhaps the most interesting characteristic of the Type 98 is the addition of what appears to be a previously unknown active self-defense system. Unlike contemporary Russian active tank self-defense systems like Drozd, Drozd-2, and Arena, which launch projectiles to disable or "shoot-down" incoming anti-tank missiles and projectiles, the Chinese system apparently uses a high-powered laser to directly attack the enemy weapon's optics and gunner. The system includes what appears to be a laser warning receiver (LWR - the dome-shaped device on the turret roof behind the commander's position), that warns the crew that their tank is being illuminated by an enemy range-finding or weapon-guidance laser. The turret of the tank can then be traversed to face the direction of the enemy threat, and the laser self-defense weapon (LSDW - the box-shaped device on the turret roof behind the gunner's position), can be employed against the source of the enemy laser.

sounds pretty good to me...

Its the T-98 tank that I was talking about in that article. Read through it. It also brushes over that "Blinding laser" I was talking about. I never mentioned the T-72, nor your accliamed best chinese tank T-90.

I Didn't go out to insult your inteligence - but yet again, you did that yourself.

I agree, the PLAN is a bit shaky, but thats why it's getting a complete revamp. Most ships are getting refitted and new Aircraft carriers are getting built.

Which brings me to another point. The PLAAR are needing to replace its' entire fleet due to plane retirement. And there replacement looks quite good. Considering that the Target hardware on these things can simulateously engage 4 objects are the same time, detecting them withing 80KM with an average size of 3x3 meters. The US's F-16 can detect and engage 4 objects as well, but only detect them within 50KM and they are to be the size of 5x5m at this range.

This is specifically for the T-98
http://www.china-defense.com/armor/type98-2/type98-2_1.html

Read. I did not insult, nor post false information. This I know exactly what I'm talking about. Seems like you haven't even heard of the 'Brand New T-98' (including its hull) Cool it!

It is based on T-72. Quoting your own source:

"The PLA paraded three different tank types, with one of the most significant surprises being the new Type 98, which resembles a Russian T-72 MBT with a new and well-protected "box-like" turret."

Sorry. But the T-72 is a bad design. I'm just saying what is what. The T-72 should not be used. If anything they should look into what Pakistan has been doing as far as tank designs are concerned.

Most ships are in shoddy condition. The Chinese military decided against updating submarines.

http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/china/

"Litte is known about China's aircraft carrier programs, but it is known that one or two carriers are in the long-term naval plan. The Chinese have reportedly held discussions with the French and Russians concerning design and construction of new carriers, and have considered purchase of ex-Russian ships. Plans for purchase of old carriers have been abandonded, but there appears to be a continued desire and plan to acquire a carrier within the first decade of the 21st century.
The hulk of the Australian light carrier Melbourne, purchased for scrapping in 1985, remained in Chinese hands in 1994. The ship was being studied by naval designers.

During 8/1998 the ex-Soviet aviation cruiser Minsk was towed from a South Korean scrapyard to a Chinese port; she now serves as a museum/entertainment complex. The former Soviet carrier Varyag has been purchased by Chinese interests for similar commercial use; the hulk finally left the Black Sea 1 November 2001."

Aircraft carriers aren't being built. They are trying to acquire some. I do not think you are thinking as far as the targetting is concerned (more uncited rhetoric from you). There is no way in hell that the chinese have better then the US military. Additionally, the F-16 is old. We are replacing it with far better aircraft.

You are the one who can't look at your own sources. First off, the Type 98 is not a T-98. It is based on the T-72, which is inturned baseed on the ancient T-55 chassis.

I didn't insult myself either. I'm the one posting reputable sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom