what can i do with the command prompt???????

I know how to use the nbt stat command to find out what computer is registered to a certain ip. But how do you use it to find the IPs? And how do you track them? Or are we getting into fishy area here?

jac006 said:
hey, wussup and welcome to cf. well, for command prompt its like a place where u can tell the computer to do things and it will operate and do the commands as typed. for example, to see what is using my connection right now, i go to command prompt and type "netstat" (without the quotes) and it will give me a list of everything that is accessing my connection and creating noticable usage. more on those commands are here: http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm hope it helps man.

When using dos commands , how do you make them stay on the screen long enough to read what they say?
EX: when i do the netstat command , it comes up briefly but not long enough to see what it says.

hmmmmmm... it should stay that way. whenever i use it it's whoever was using my connection at that moment. it shouldnt disappear.

What's the command to track the ip's back to the isp or whatever? I got to remember these things.

I believe you use the less and more commands for getting it so that you can scroll through the cmd prompt at a reasonable speed instead of it all just racing by

Stinkles said:
I believe you use the less and more commands for getting it so that you can scroll through the cmd prompt at a reasonable speed instead of it all just racing by

"Less and more commands"?
Whats that?

jac006 said:
seriously... netstat is so handy.... i use it to see who ever is using my wireless network for my labtop and whoever is that isnt supposed to be (just for me) then i take their ip and track em down... hehe. and then we have a little talk about hacking into my wep and using my internet... those cheap bastards... yes yes i have wep but they have wep bypassing (i can do it too but im not stupid enough too) and they dont want to spend money... *sigh*

Not much tracking to it. Without walls most wireless signals only travel around 250 feet. And im seriously doubting you know how to track somone down to their computer if you didnt live near them.

Back
Top Bottom