Error message on Outlook express 6

angel123

Baseband Member
I get this error message on Outlook express 6. I cant send or recieve messages cause this error message shows up. Please help!!The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'mom951@sbcglobal.net'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/dsl/mail/pop/pop-11.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

go to Outlooks options and change the SMTP address to

smtp.yahoo.com

Change the pop address to:

pop.yahoo.com

go to your email accout setup and check the check box that says something like:

My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication

Technoman, Im getting and recieving mail but at the end it gives me the error message.

i had your problem as well

Goto Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts > View or Change Accounts > Change > More Settings > Out Going Server > My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication make sure that box is ticked, press on close down outlook and open again

I went to the control panel, But dont see mail or email accoun.t Do you mean to go to my Outlook express and look into accounts. Im using Windows 98

o er i am using OUTLOOK you are using Express ... go to where you type the pop and smtp address and tick that box ... your email address does end in yahoo.com ???

Back
Top Bottom