Longhorn might kick Apple in the Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No one Knows who is going to Win, so dont blag about it.

2. I see there is no Mods cheaking this thread out.

3. I dont like to talk about OS because nobody has an idea of what is going to happen or what will happen, whats the point of telling people what they already know, Microsoft is a company who make O'S for us, they dont do it for the money, they mostly do it for themselves and other, Mac OS is used for working and graphics desgin, and there is my points, please dont say nasty words in this thread and dont FLAME it.

BYE

xx cobra xx said:

Its not a competition. Its a discussion

3. I dont like to talk about OS because nobody has an idea of what is going to happen or what will happen, whats the point of telling people what they already know, Microsoft is a company who make O'S for us, they dont do it for the money, they mostly do it for themselves and other, Mac OS is used for working and graphics desgin, and there is my points, please dont say nasty words in this thread and dont FLAME it.

Cobra, what the fudge? What are you talking about? All you seem to do is spew out pointless jubberish on these forums, if you have no idea what your talking about stop talking.

Microsoft are a company, they make things for profit.

Mac OS is no more for work than windows is, what on earth are you trying to say? and the graphics argument is well over a decade out of date.

Both are designed as modern multimedia OS's, with a few variations talored for buisness use.

xx cobra xx said:

2. I see there is no Mods cheaking this thread out.

BYE

i agree mate but not about the Microsoft bit, they are out here to make money!!!

:| do you acctualy have any idea what the hell he was taking about? or did you just like the bit that said Apple was better at something?

technoman said:
get a life, Stop sticking up for Microsoft Tom is correct, thanks Tom

Lets just wait and see what is going to happen

LOL, I'm not sticking up for MS. Even if I was, it would be the same as you are sticking up for Apple right now (Duhh!)

Anyway, Delta, Gian and I have all postest facts. It seems all the Mac fans just make up rubbish (as Delta's and Gains replys in page 3 shows).

If Mac OS is your favourite, then fine. But I PERSONALLY think it is rubshub. The person who put £89 - Whoppy F*****G doo! a whole £11 out (Guess what, still more expensive than OEM Windows :p)

I can do a lot more on my PC in one hour than what I could ever do on a Mac. PC for power user, Mac for style ethuasiasts (If they can't be bothered looking for a stylish PC).

I still don't think the MacOS should be released till they have catered on every department (Again, the incomplete API's?) for it to be a suitable OS to cope with every type of application? (Games and likewise 3D applications). Look at my last post regarding the $1499 Mac, do you not think that is a rediculous price?

Linux has more features, far more advanced and has better 3D support.

For those who call WinXP a crap OS (the Windoze guy), you are pathetic. Why even call it that? what does it not do that MacOS does? - Nothing. What does it do that Mac OS doesn't? - Plenty. It's just as stable, if not (in my experience) slightly more so that Mac OSX. It's cheaper, runs on cheaper hardware, the hardware can easily be upgraded, and the hardware is far far cheaper. The guy who said if you want quality you have to pay for it (regarding memory) - LMAO, I bet the memory is Samsung or another well known company - the same stuff as for PC's! And just because you can get cheap low quality PC hardware doesn't mean you can't get more quality hardware - still at a lower price as well!

90+% of computer users can't be wrong. Or big companies such as Dell and HP would all take some sort of interest and make offers to Apple that it couldn't refuse.

I laugh at thee, LOL.

As for my graphic argument, nope, it's not over a decade late. They still don't have a API (i.e. a MS Direct X equivilent) as standard. They have decided to drop OpenGL support in favour for a new Mac one. Guess what, niether have been completely dropped nor completely implemented. Whats a 3D progammer ment to do?

If your not satisfied with the 3D argument, what about the 64bit one? at the end of this month, WinXP64 Pro will be out. Fully 64bit with a 32bit capability layer. Unlike Apples approach of "lets just paste a few 64bit extentions here and there, but still run a native 32Bit OS" - Yet they still advertise is a 64Bit. How idiotic. And most Mac fans use that as an argument. Go and get educated on it.

i have taken onboard what you have said and agree with something's but i can not stand people who say Apple is crap .. be fair and say Apple have done a good job on their computers and system! There are very few OS still out there what Microsoft have ran out of business maybe that's why i don't like them. Well-done Apple.

Company's use Windows because they are forced to, Microsoft have made sure of that.

I will agree they are of decent built quality (though you do pay for it :D ) and their OS is by far the best Linux distro around.

Get me a way to run KDE on OS X and I'll think about it :D

My main problem is Apple as a company, and Mr Jobs.

my main problem is Mirosoft and Bill .... don't know if you no but i am a Windows user (god help me) and never have that much problems (because i know what i am doing) but i believe Apple make better OS ... is this the end of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom