Internet Not working

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Device Manager Issues

I reformatted my harddrive, and now I can not connect to the internet. I have a Motorola SURFboard® Cable Modem SB5120.

When I go to my device manager the cable modem that is listed is not that, it's totally different, but then when I checked my sisters computer whos hooked up to the same modem whos internet does work, the cable modem listed under the device manager is also different. And on my dads computer which is also running on the same modem has something different then my sister and I.

I tried installing the drivers i downloaded off of motorolas website for my modem, but when it checked the CD i put the drivers on for any new drivers that would better suite me, it said that it could not find any drivers that would better suite the computer then the ones currently used.

Whats wrong? Any idea?

PS: Cablevision provides my service if that is any consolation.

*bump*
I normally don't bump and I know it hasn't been too long since I posted it, but i REALLY need this problem figured out by tonight or tommorow morning, motorola support isn't much of a help.

is it any consolation that theres just some random letters and numbers under the modem category in my device manager?

remove the modem drivers ... restart your computer and try and reinstall the drivers again, it should work fine.

technoman said:
remove the modem drivers ... restart your computer and try and reinstall the drivers again, it should work fine.

Do i remove uninstall the modem, or do I uninstall the modem drivers? I highly appreciate all your help, I have a big presentation on monday and it's going to take me a while to do it. I need my other computer because of the software it has on it, and this comp can't run that software.

Also, If it matters I have my computer plugged directly into a telephone jack, but then in my basement we have a router and we have all 5 computers in our house running off of that one modem, if that makes any differrence.

go into Device Manager and find your modem, right click the modem and uninstall it ... then right click again and use the update driver likc and let Windows find that drivers from that disk.

Any more help just ask i am around for a bit

also when downloading the files to a cd, should I leave them compressed as they are when i download them? or should I unzip them then put that on the cd?

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom