tv-out help

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a fx5200 nvidia card with a tv-out connector but when I plug it in the tv, I don't see anything. Does anyone know if and where to adjust any settings that might be the cause of this? I saw some settings in Control panel > display > settings > advance but I don't see anything that had to do with the output to TV. I would think that I would just have to plug the rca cable into the s-video-composite adapter
and connected to the tv but it doesn't show anything.

Thanks.

ok check it out, i just had to do this:1)right click on the desktop.2)click on properties, then click the settings tab.3)assuming there isn't a problem with the card/cable, you will see two boxes that say 1 and 2. 4) click on the second one and put the resolution to 1024x768, this will make the picture fit your tv.5)right click on the second picture and select both primary and attached, then unselect attached on the first one and hit apply, the picture should now be displayed on your tv. if it doesn't work you probably have a hardware problem.

j Rizzo - I don't have those options on my settings tab.

The_Other_One - I did installed the drivers for it when I first got it. Also when I update windows xp from microsoft, they also have drivers for it too so I dl that and installed also. Now, I'm downloading from the manufacturer, Microstar and I'll install and see what happens.

Somehow you must of gotten the MS drivers installed because I don't beleive they have any advanced settings(as I mentioned they didn't for my ATI)

That SHOULD fix it...

well, it works now.. I can see it on both my screen and the tv but it has no colors on the tv... any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom