Booting problem

YKChan

Beta member
Hi everybody. I need tips to fix a bootup problem with my PC. Eversince I loaded with the latest Windows updates for my Windows XP Professional (which has Nortons Utilities software), my PC goes into a loop: it fails to boot beyond the Windows icon and reboot from the start all over again. I didn't touch the BIOS. And it is not any hardware issues. I suspect the Windows updates had messed up my registry or what?

Hope someone could offer me some advise to fix the software problem.
Thanks.
YK Chan
Singapore

boot in safe mode, back up your files and i guess you should just reinstall windows... im sorry i dont have much to say... but ive never really encountered that issue before, unless someone else can say better than me.

Can you bootup to safe mode ? if so go the C drive & right click it, then properties/ then tools tab.

Then tell it to check itself on the next boot..

You can try a system repair if you have the full XP cd.
How to do a system repair.--Boot from the xp cd and go past the recovery console to the install menu. Select repair the existing installation. You won't lose any data except the xp updates. Unless you have a slipstream sp1 cd you will have to d/l sp1 and all subsequent updates. You MUST have at least SP1 installed and the updates for security reasons. Be sure the firewall and A/V is active before going online as you will be susceptible to sasser and msblaster. If you don't want SP2 go to autopatcher.com and d/l SP1 and subsequent updates.

Back
Top Bottom