Ethrenet card not installed...

hellifino69n

Solid State Member
ok, um...im on my moms computer ATM and just got done formatting and installing xp pro. I try to go on the internet, and boom doesn't work. Thats cool and all. So then I do all the stuff i know to just figure out that my ethrenet card isn't installed (exclamation point in hardware device tab). now, all my computer stuff is in storage and cant get to it ATM. I've also been to gateway.com and cant find any drivers for the ethrenet card in my cpu. I came here to ask yall...how can i fix this without getting my stuff out of storage?

well, you will need your driver disks. That would probualy be your best bet. Do you know the Version of Ethernet card? search the version and the type used by gateway on google or something and you should be able to find the drivers. Not for sure, but it looks like you have the internet still. Um crap you cant run windows update, not for sure but sometimes if you run windows update it will get drivers. But anyways searching the internet is going to be your best bet if you could post your information then maybe we could help you.

the drivers could be downloaded and e-mailed to you just find out what sort of card it is and let us know just like duzz says it helps loads if we have info.
pull the ethernet card out and have a look it should tell you what sort it is somewhere.
A problem with the ethernet card should not stop you getting onto the net unless you are connected via a lan network.

yes it works, but its a VERY big file for a driver.BTW, you can but ethernet cards from dabs.com for about £7, so if you cant get that to work, then you might as well buy a new one........

Back
Top Bottom